LegacyGT.com

local mechanic

lucas112

So i called my local mechanic today and asked him how much it would cost to get an up pipe and a downpipe installed on my car. He told me he had no idea what these parts were.

Is there another name for these parts? or is there any specific way i should describe it? or is he just dumb? i live in an area where pretty much no one modifies there cars, so maybe he just isnt familiar.

Any advice will be much appreciated

^Dumb. Avoid like the plague. To the best of my knowledge the only other name that aftermarket exhaust piping goes by is "test pipe" - these three terms are common across all brands. Find a Subaru shop, or find a friend and DIY; it's not too difficult.

a test pipe usually refers to the blank piece of pipe that you swap out your cat with. I wouldn't rule your local mechanic out simply because he doesn't know what the parts are. As long as he has replaced exhaust systems, exhaust manifolds, etc. I trust he could install an up pipe and downpipe. maybe go somewhere like opposedforces and print out a picture of where the parts install. maybe he has replaced them without even knowing it

*With that said, personally I'd rather bring it to a subie shop. Where in northeastern PA are you located?

Archived