LegacyGT.com

The only thing more hateful than a prius is a prius minivan. There are ways you can be good to the environment without either (a) giving up on life altogether or (b) being a smughole who has to shout about his good deeds. I have never wanted so badly to mount machine guns on my car.

Gas is going to 4 bucks a gallon by summer, all the people driving a Prius will be the only ones laughing.

... Any anyone in a diesel VW.

If gas ever hits the magic $5, I might actually consider ditching the Outback for a TDi wagon. For a 2010, it would have almost been a straight trade.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I hate Priuses.

According to Toyota, the plural of Prius is... Prius.

Like "Deer" or "Sheep"

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

The only thing more hateful than a prius is a prius minivan. There are ways you can be good to the environment without either (a) giving up on life altogether or (b) being a smughole who has to shout about his good deeds. I have never wanted so badly to mount machine guns on my car.

Actually, as much as I hate the Prius, the Prius V (mini-minivan), would make a lot of sense for people like my folks. They travel a lot, and often have passengers in the back seat. So it would be perfect for its generous cargo space, excellent full economy, and seat seat room. I don't think they can give two shits about saving the economy, but it is going for mid-20s and has navigation, I am sure they'd be happy. Plus, what they'd say in fuel costs would be an added benefit. They are only averaging 19-20 mpg on their Infiniti EX35 lease. They want something a lot cheaper this time around, that has more cargo space, more rear leg room, a built-in navigation system, and a lot better fuel economy. They were not all that thrilled with the Infiniti, and won't be getting another one.

... Any anyone in a diesel VW.

If gas ever hits the magic $5, I might actually consider ditching the Outback for a TDi wagon. For a 2010, it would have almost been a straight trade.

A TDI is on the very top of my shopping list for a replacement for the Forester this Fall. I am leaning towards a Golf TDI, but not ruling out the Sportwagen for its leather seats. Also, the 2012 Passat TDI is an option too, which is rated for 43 mpg highway and 800+ mile range on a tank.

1st choice: Golf TDI - sportiness + beefy 15" tires/wheels in winter, slightly limited cargo space, 42 mpg highway

2nd choice: Passat TDI - 43 mpg, 800 mile range, but BORING!!!!

3rd choice: Sportwagen TDI - similar to the golf, extra cargo space, leather seats, but I think it looks a bit feminine...

I doubt our economy can sustain $5/gallon prices. Those of you who see $4/gallon this summer on the coasts and in other high tax areas can thank your state governments for jacking up your fuel prices even more.

As it is $4/gallon is an economic killer in this country.

Archived