LegacyGT.com

first snow with LGT

SubaruFanatic

Well this past weekend I enjoyed the first snow fall with my LGT along with my buddy who has the same exact car and set up as me. We went to a local university which the students were gone and we were at the parking lot messing around for 3 hours give or take. My other buddy with his 2.5 wagon came to have fun also. I gotta tell you what I cannot believe the control you can have with these cars in the snow. I had this car so sideways it could have been in a commercial. My friend took video but not sure how good it is. I had so much fun and thankful nothing broke cause I was beating the shit out of this car and have been known to break things before. I can't wait for it to snow again.... I might need a new differential soon since it was smelling pretty bad when i was doing the cyclones. :p

Well this past weekend I enjoyed the first snow fall with my LGT along with my buddy who has the same exact car and set up as me. We went to a local university which the students were gone and we were at the parking lot messing around for 3 hours give or take. My other buddy with his 2.5 wagon came to have fun also. I gotta tell you what I cannot believe the control you can have with these cars in the snow. I had this car so sideways it could have been in a commercial. My friend took video but not sure how good it is. I had so much fun and thankful nothing broke cause I was beating the shit out of this car and have been known to break things before. I can't wait for it to snow again.... I might need a new differential soon since it was smelling pretty bad when i was doing the cyclones. :p

Going sideways isn't control and stunts like doing circles in the snow doesn't example the best part of AWD. But...hellz yeahhh it fun. I limit my use of this kind of driving (the whole diff./transfer case thing), but have had my share of fun in the waggie. Most of the only impressive AWD performance I see is at take-off. Snow is just too slippery for any AWD for the most part when considering corning compared to other vehicles. It is the acceleration part that is where it's at.

Going sideways isn't control and stunts like doing circles in the snow doesn't example the best part of AWD.

Maybe you should tell the WRC drivers that, or better yet, Ken Block..

I limit my use of this kind of driving (the whole diff./transfer case thing)

What diff./transfer case thing would that be?

Snow is just too slippery for any AWD for the most part when considering corning compared to other vehicles.

When Considering what other Vehicles? Without proper tires, slick surfaces pose problems for all vehicles (awd, fwd, rwd), I guess I just don't get it..

~Scott

'05 Outback 2.5i Wagon

Willow Green Opal/ Moss Green Metallic

Archived