LegacyGT.com

im screwed.

^ Perhaps you've further compressed the struts by adding massive spacers at the top, further compressing the already beleagured strut, forcing it to basically bottom-out and stay there... just a guess at this point without fuly understanding what you actually "did" to the suspension.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• I Donated
hell yea... haha..

so any idea why my car seems stiffer around corner..

thats a good thing lol.

i wish my suspension was stiffer then it is

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

no no... when i jack the car up the wheels come down plenty out of the wells all the way.

What you're referring to is gravity pulling the wheels down as you jack up the car. What I was referring to is that the struts are probably at the end of their service life and sag all the way (or nearly all the way) down to the bottom of their stroke(s). So, when you set the car back down on it's wheels, it sounds like the struts fully compress leaving little to no "suspension" at each corner and making the car "feel" stiff. It's the equivalent of setting on the "frame".

if this were true my car would of been lower then normal to begin with.. with 1.5 inch spacers. i got 1.3 inches in the front of lift and 1.4 in the back... but the spacers do compress a little..

the shocks are not much if anymore compressed...

So if that were the case, your overall ride-height should be higher by the amount of spacer you installed at each corner. As you've described it, the ride-height hasn't changed, which means that the struts are compressed even more than they were prevoiusly. That is what makes me think that the struts are bad/going bad.

My apologies - evidently mis-read your comment. In that case, I have no idea why it would be stiffer, with less body roll. Physics of what you've done should indicate just the opposite.:iam:

Archived