LegacyGT.com

light bars...

4 self-tapping screws into the bumper beam, may need to trim the rear of the grille a bit to clear the bar depending on the model of grille (outback or GT/ L)

i'll sell this for $80 shipped, i was selling for $110 plus shipping but im tired of moving this bar around with me, lol

A friend of mine just completed this for his wife's car (will have Hellas eventually.) Tempted to ask for one for mine as well, lol:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs716.snc4/63614_1496118926132_1328855377_31160523_6002191_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1196.snc4/154894_1496119486146_1328855377_31160525_5329949_n.jpg

A friend of mine just completed this for his wife's car (will have Hellas eventually.) Tempted to ask for one for mine as well, lol:

thats too risky imo, wires will need to be longer and run farther, you're knocking off some clearence with the bar under the bumper, if you tag a speedbump or something, off goes your lights, and the bar.. and its going to be alot harder to just 'pop off the grill and unscrew it' if you need it gone for some reason

not knocking his craftiness, just saying the potential problems

thats too risky imo, wires will need to be longer and run farther, you're knocking off some clearence with the bar under the bumper, if you tag a speedbump or something, off goes your lights, and the bar.. and its going to be alot harder to just 'pop off the grill and unscrew it' if you need it gone for some reason

not knocking his craftiness, just saying the potential problems

From what I understand, the thing is very securely bolted to the frame, so it actually acts as a brush guard, protecting the bumper from scrapes if you DO brush up on something. It's not going to fall off unless you NAIL something at high speed, in which case YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG, lol.

As for running the wires further, that really shouldn't cause problems unless you suck at wiring. I would just prefer to have the lights mounted a bit lower as, while I know it reduces their useful range, it also keeps them out of your line of sight and makes them a bit less oddball on the front of the car. I guess it all depends on your taste.

Archived