LegacyGT.com

My car is in the shop

Recently my 2009 3.0R threw the "check engine" light". I was on my way home and I was doing about 25mph or so and the light came on.

I brought the car to the dealership on Monday and they ran a diagnosis. The service adviser told me that the problem with the car seems to be there wasn't an even spread of fuel getting into the system. Seems like there is more fuel going into the engine on one side than the other.

My car only has about 22,000miles and this problem occurred. :( It is coming to the 3rd day and there seems to be no good process on the car. I am sad. :(

On the side note, the legacy outback that they loaned me seems to be a pretty good car to drive. The suspension seems so soft and when I go through potholes, it seems like they weren't even there.

Mite be a stupid wiring issue. I know you dont like hearing, but the tech's have other cars to work on. They probably are working with subaru since its a 2009, so the tech is checking wires from the ecm to the injectors. Be patient, and remember that the tech has to work on other cars to feed his family and pay for his heat :)

Yes, sometimes some cars have a wiring issue.

Years ago the Honda dealer has my 92 civic for 3 day's chasing a miss at 1500rpm. They had the new mobil computer in the passenger seat, ran every test they could think of, then just before giving up, took a volt meter to the plug wires and found #1 wire was bad.

It was just out of the 36,000 mile warrenty but they got Honda to cover it as a emission problem.

So may be once they do all the comouter stuff they'll go back to basics and find a bad wire.

Good Luck, at least you have a soft riding car for a loaner. Hint, the ride difference most likely comes from the tall sidewalls on the tires.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

I just hope that my car will be fixed before Christmas. I really miss it.

I didn't expect my car to have a problem so soon. It only has 22,000 miles and it already has a major problem. Now I am wondering if this is a freak accident or something is seriously wrong with my car. :(

Take a deep breath and relax. Shit happens, but chances are good that you'll get this fixed and still have a great, happy, problem-free long-term relationship with your car. I had the center diff go bad on my car the first year of ownership, but it has been golden the five years since.

One word of advice: not all Subaru dealership service departments are created equally! You may want to ask around your regional forum for the best ones around, and don't be afraid to have the problem diagnosed and fixed at a different dealership if you are not happy with the one you are at now.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Archived