LegacyGT.com

UTEC Legacy Maps?

Emmo

I talked to mach V about a day a go and they didn,t even know if the utec was out for the lgt our I should say they who ever picked up the phone that I was talking to that the sti one would even work beats me

\confused

talk to Dan (the owner), he did some testing with is own personal GT wagon with an intake.. hell, they have the dynograph of the UTEC done on their website:

http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/fastwrx_1873_34828259

and they sell it:

http://www.fastwrx.com/tuutenmasyfo.html

NOTE TO ALL: I am not sponsored by MachV so dont give me more "free advertising" B.S. please.

Keefe

I've gotten some more experience with mine. Let me know if you have any questions. In any event, they said it was coming, it was coming, and what came was the firmware upgrade for wrx only. Still waiting and not sure if sti firmware will get updated anytime soon. Personally I am fine with mine, some people have hesitation when the system transitions to the utec map... but this could be a timing/fuel smoothing issue. You should also price shop around the sponsors here :p

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Thanks, Xenox and MDTURBO. I emailed Dan to see if I can get/buy a map from him. I can tune on my own to a certain degree with the wideband O2, but I'd rather start with something better than the STI maps, since all the other params and timing map are more based on vehicle specific experience. So I'm willing to pay a little for that experience.

Actually while I'm at it, I should contact PDX to see if they are willing to help as well (thanks, MDTURBO). :)

No problemo. I'm planning on road tuning my own car, just need to get by christmas before I can start buying parts for the car again. lol. It'll be tough to get a tune from Dan without it being done on a dyno. I never heard back from him about his "beta-test" map. Hopefully he'll see this thread again and update.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Thanks, Xenox and MDTURBO. I emailed Dan to see if I can get/buy a map from him. I can tune on my own to a certain degree with the wideband O2, but I'd rather start with something better than the STI maps, since all the other params and timing map are more based on vehicle specific experience. So I'm willing to pay a little for that experience.

Actually while I'm at it, I should contact PDX to see if they are willing to help as well (thanks, MDTURBO). :)

I will be talking to MachV or TurboXS (both are not too far from me) soon myself since I have the UTEC just sitting here.. I might just get them to do a base stage 1 map for me and a modified 1.5 map that works with my turboback + stock 3rd cat and AVO TMIC if I dont sell the UTEC by Feb...

It's just more money into the GT that I really dont feel like spending, but it's a fun car on the track, it just needs more for VIR ;)

Keefe

Archived