LegacyGT.com

UTEC Legacy Maps?

Emmo

ShaggyGt, it has been a couple of years since I looked at Utec mapping. If I remember the open and closed loop maps were largely triggered by throttle position (TPS of ~ 60%). This made for an on - off character that negatively impacted driveability. How do you set up the maps to make smooth power?

Tom

yes, well, I commonly use that practice.. I went down as far as 30% for track days.. no sense of being on the gas at 50% and have the car just jolt on power.. a couple of my honda friends went off when their VTEC kicked in the same way in a sense..

Keefe

Keefe

The new UTEC firmware has full control of Open Loop fueling. No more crossover problems since both Open Loop and Closed Loop fueling are controlled by the UTEC. As long as it is tuned correctly of course. :) It can now control Rev-limit and scale injectors as well.

looking for a stage II (up/turbo-back) tune... Dan at MacV said he wasnt ready to give his tune out for testing... TurboXS said they'd give me a free road tune with their new firmware comes out... no idea when that is... was supposed to be two weeks ago. i'd like to get a before and after FMIC tune... :(

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

I talked to mach V about a day a go and they didn,t even know if the utec was out for the lgt our I should say they who ever picked up the phone that I was talking to that the sti one would even work beats me

\confused

I talked to mach V about a day a go and they didn,t even know if the utec was out for the lgt our I should say they who ever picked up the phone that I was talking to that the sti one would even work beats me

\confused

Huh? I'm confused trying to decipher your sentence.

The same UTEC works for the STi, the Forester XT, and the Legacy GT turbo. (Perhaps the Baja turbo, too?)

I do have a UTEC on my car, and have developed a map that I'm fairly happy with. But I developed it on a firmware version that's a beta, and is not in production.

TurboXS is working on another firmware upgrade, which will change some of the transition behavior as the UTEC switches between stock ECU fuel/timing and UTEC fuel/timing, so I want to wait until that's done, and maybe retweak the map, before I pronounce our map suitable for public consumption. I expect that new firmware to be ready in a couple of weeks.

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

who ever I talked to a day our two ago on the phone didn't know that there was a utec out for the lgt. I did not know to talk to you and sorry for you having to decipher my sentence, but that not here or there after I put on som basic bolt- on I would like to make an app. with u.;)

TurboXS is working on another firmware upgrade, which will change some of the transition behavior as the UTEC switches between stock ECU fuel/timing and UTEC fuel/timing, so I want to wait until that's done, and maybe retweak the map, before I pronounce our map suitable for public consumption. I expect that new firmware to be ready in a couple of weeks.

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

Thanks Dan. The knock sensor capabilities of the UTEC combined with a smoother transition between stock and UTEC might convince me to use a UTEC instead of an ECU reflash.

Tom

So dan, have you had your maps disappear when saving? :lol: A symptom of the beta I hear. I am holding out hope that they'll have a new firmware by june, but I dunno.... kinda sucks running around on a wrx-sti tune...

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived