LegacyGT.com

Anybody else have a failing PS pump??

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya know what for good measure I'll have to take another peak... Yea 1/2 was a total approximation from what I remember from weeks ago lol. But thanks for posting those numbers

(Hmmm how the HELL am I going to manifest a 22lb level of resistance outside of literally stacking plated weights onto something? :lol:)

push you thumb on to bathroom scale untill it reads 22 lbs .. then try to reproduce that !

or just tighten it a lil more ! jsut to try .. even make it to tight see if the problem goes away ,, at worst you can loosen it again.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

I had the same problem.... belt squeal was BAD. I could hear my wife leaving in the morning for work because it would squeal so bad. Took it to one mechanic, he said i needed a new psp because the pump was freezing up. Took it to another, he put a new belt on, tightened that thing down, and it was as good as new. $30.

Yea I'm gonna compare it to stock recommendation on tightness... Mine isn't a belt squeal issue (also a brand new belt), car starts fine, no noise, the pump just freezes intermittently when under pressure of something like a stand still wheel turn or tight parking job... which is SOOOO much less now, after the flush

Archived