LegacyGT.com

looking for HID fogs....

c-lo

so many threads.....suggestions on which HIDS are best would be helpful.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I just installed a DDM Apexcone Raptor kit in my fogs, 35W, 5000K. I got em on ddmtuning.com for $25+shipping, cheaper than halogen bulbs and it'll be my third DDM kit on three diff cars, never had a problem with any of them. The ballasts on that kit are pretty big, but I just mounted them on the bottom of the bumper plastic that goes around the fogs so that didn't really matter to me.

DDM is always an inexpensive option

as far as color temp goes, i would prob go with a slightly lower color temp, maybe 3k (more yellowish). shorter wavelength light (blue) is more prone to scattering, particularly if you intend to use them in foggy conditions. but if you're region doesn't see a lot of fog, the 5k can be nice to match your headlamps

I just installed a DDM Apexcone Raptor kit in my fogs, 35W, 5000K. I got em on ddmtuning.com for $25+shipping, cheaper than halogen bulbs and it'll be my third DDM kit on three diff cars, never had a problem with any of them. The ballasts on that kit are pretty big, but I just mounted them on the bottom of the bumper plastic that goes around the fogs so that didn't really matter to me.

nice thanks Doc. looks like these are just a direct plug and play yes?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Yup pretty much, you do have to mod the covers but if you've got a dremmel it's cake, I followed this thread and it was perfect, except the power wire on the DDM kit was blue not red haha. I agree with the post above yours though, the best for fog would be a lower temp, but I've got a 6K 55W kit in my headlights and the 35W 5K kit in the fogs is a good combo, slightly whiter/more yellow than the headlights, but not too much (personal preference, I've never been a fan of the yellow fog look)

DDM is always an inexpensive option

as far as color temp goes, i would prob go with a slightly lower color temp, maybe 3k (more yellowish). shorter wavelength light (blue) is more prone to scattering, particularly if you intend to use them in foggy conditions. but if you're region doesn't see a lot of fog, the 5k can be nice to match your headlamps

we do see fog and live in the land of deer so I want to light up the road as much as I can for all conditions.

just not sure which I should go with

Archived