LegacyGT.com

K&N Typhoon or Perrin Short Ram Intake?

atcheng

I've been looking at the GPmoto intake to but haven't heard of anyone on here who has installed one. It looks pretty nice, who's going to be brave and buy one?

then we can compare it to the K&N and the Perrin. I guess I just find it hard to believe that there is no hp to be gained from upgrading the intake. If there isn't, that says alot for our stock airbox.

It seems that the gp moto is the best engineered intake with it's 3" diameter mandrel-bent aluminum tubing with a high flow air filter in plus it's inside the fender well for cooler air without the water when it rains.

It seems that the gp moto is the best engineered intake with it's 3" diameter mandrel-bent aluminum tubing with a high flow air filter in plus it's inside the fender well for cooler air without the water when it rains.

Have you seen the fender well? It's a hole.....all your doin is getting the intake out of the engine bay, thats it. Personally, the direct cool air you get from the duct is a better design than shoving your intake in the fender. Just my 2cents.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Exactly, away from the engine, cooler air!
Have you seen the fender well? It's a hole.....all your doin is getting the intake out of the engine bay, thats it. Personally, the direct cool air you get from the duct is a better design than shoving your intake in the fender. Just my 2cents.

• 4 weeks later...
Funny how proponents of the stock airbox keep raising that "good upt"l number. I remember some saying it was good till 300, now I hear 400, gee any more guesses. Interestingly enough, (searching google) I had a recent car and driver article reviewing an inhouse Saab tuned turbo, or Saabaru turbo that they massaged to 350hp+, laying down 0-60 of below 4.7, funny, they used a branded K&N cone intake. In anyevent, seems like we have alot of overnight experts, and others who just guess.

As with a lot of these types of mods, they won't do that much for you UNLESS, and this is a big UNLESS, you can TUNE for it.

Once you can tune for the intake, the 170 bucks for a Perrin suddenly become well worth it.

Archived