LegacyGT.com

O2 sensors in NON-US Legacy H6

Hi Guys,

This is my first post, so here goes:

I have a 05 Legacy H6 with check engine light and cruise blinking because of bad O2 sensors according to my Subaru dealer. Part numbers are:

22690-AA570

22641-AA160

The problem is that they only have one is stock, so I have to get them elsewhere. Been checking US sites, but seems you guys got a different part number for the O2 sensors, even on the same Legacy H6, so question is, can I put all O2 sensors from the US-Spec H6 Legacy ?

Thanks,

Carlos.

I guess the better question is "Why would you bother?"

Can they not order you the correct O2 sensor? I am assuming you are outside the US? So ordering one online and waiting for it to come in would surely take longer than your dealer getting the right part, and you being assured the solution will last (so long as the dealership know what they are doing :rolleyes:)

O2 sensors don't usually fail simultaneously. The blinking usually means something urgent is occurring with the car and you should stop driving it immediately. Usually a misfire that causes fuel to dump into the cats triggers the blinking CEL, because the cats heat up too much and might be destroyed.

Can they not order you the correct O2 sensor?

Yes they can, but it will take a month to get them here.

I am assuming you are outside the US? So ordering one online and waiting for it to come in would surely take longer than your dealer getting the right part

Yes, I'm outside USA .. and just like I said, from the dealer will take a long time.

Thanks anyways.

O2 sensors don't usually fail simultaneously. The blinking usually means something urgent is occurring with the car and you should stop driving it immediately.

It started with just one O2, right rear bank, then another and last time they (at the dealer) told me that I needed to change all. I'm not using the Legacy, but I need it ASAP.

I will proceed to order all US-Spec O2 sensors, measure them and clear codes.

Will let you all know, for future reference.

Carlos.

• 2 months later...

For future reference, I ended up getting all 4 Denso O2 sensors for the US-Spec Legacy H6 from Amazon, installed them myself then took it to the Subaru Dealer, they also replaced two fuses, check engine is gone.

http://oi52.tinypic.com/24v7epk.jpg

For future reference, I ended up getting all 4 Denso O2 sensors for the US-Spec Legacy H6 from Amazon, installed them myself then took it to the Subaru Dealer, they also replaced two fuses, check engine is gone.

http://oi52.tinypic.com/24v7epk.jpg

sorry for the unrelated post...but interesting to see that the red line for H6 starts at 7000 rpms while ours starts at 6500..huh

I find it interesting that on USDM models we have to show both MPH and KMH, yet in the OP's model it's only KMH.

Just curious, is that a DOT regulation, or just because the cars are sold throughout the US where they could be driven to Canada and would hence need the conversion?

I'm guessing the US is the only country still stuck on MPH anyway...

Just curious, is that a DOT regulation, or just because the cars are sold throughout the US where they could be driven to Canada and would hence need the conversion?

^I believe the latter to be the reason. I'd also believe that subarus sold in Canada are assembled in the US as well. So they save some cash by making 'universal' speed gauges. Anyone, correct me if I am wrong.

I think its because the powers that be dont want to offend anyone who uses the metric system... You know America, scared to death to hurt anyones feelings...
what did u mean when you said. it felt like i was driving a civic? did u mean the car felt like it was more dependable and it was getting better mpg's?

• 2 weeks later...

After two days, check engine came back in ... took it again to the Subaru dealer, they performed another week and a half test, one week after check engine and blinking cruise came back again.

They told me that I shoud change the fuel pump.

I'm just getting tired.

Seems it's a common problem that Subaru has never addressed ...

http://www.topix.com/forum/autos/subaru-forester/TV58E37KB1OEN1UTQ

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f88/solid-check-engine-light-flashing-cruise-28379/

Just to let everyone know, I'll change the fuel pump with a good used one (not spending more $$$), reset check engine. If it comes again, will do the $5 mod.

:mad:

Archived