LegacyGT.com

Help me Find wheels

Nsaglibene

Yeah yeah I did the search and I have been looking around but I cant find/make up my mind on anything.

One of my goals is for new wheels, I have 18s but I want to get a set of 17's and Im very specific about the wheel I want.

I want a 17- 7.5 or a 17-8 wheel which ever would fit 225 azenis, with a six spoke design (like te or le 37, very streight thick spokes), black with polished lip. I want light wheels too not just showy. Or if there is a sliver design like that and i could get the spokes painted that would be cool too.

Also is it possible to run 225 azenis if the car is lowered?

Rota Grids in Royal Gunmetallic. I don't think they have Royal Black, but if they did, that would be exactly what you want. 17X7.5, 48 offset, hubcentric for Subys. Check out www.subydude.com, he'll sell them to you with Azenis mounted and balanced. Or some of the vendors in the classifieds are also selling Rotas.

Azenis on Rotas should be fine on a lowered LGT, assuming your drop isn't too dramatic.

There are at least four Falken tires that are called Azenis. Check edgeracing.com. Their site shows tire weights. The 225/45/17 RT-215s weighed at least 25 lbs., if I recall correctly. The only way you'll be able to go with most Falken tires and stay within the stock weight range is if you bought SSR Comps.

Hmm I think the rotas are good for me, I really like the grids. I really wanna stay lighter than stock rims though. Any lighter tire suggestions? I really do love the azenis, but if there is somthing that will perform decent and be a bit lighter that may work better, especialy if they are cheaper.

Now could I bother anyone for a photochop? The grids on the lgt, if any of these pics will work iff not ill find different pics. Thanks.

lg33.jpg.1122e3d1a4c766b3e4455edfdc28cb14.jpg

grids.jpg.10e50e5cee3647e42c18775bf46e8469.jpg

lg334.jpg.18b4cdd2c1c626120ce3ffef52a6d0ff.jpg

wrxgrids.jpg.d39b847893a89c0e7ae73f7c08d1dea8.jpg

wrxgrids2.jpg.f916c99c9d480af4515f668b90aafbcd.jpg

I run 225/45/17 with my SSR Comps at 7.5" wide, no rubbing whatsoever. Just repaint a set of SSRs. you'll be glad you did. The come in Silver, Anthracite (gunmetal) and gold. http://www.tireswap.com is where you can get them or http://www.tirerack.com is another site. They weigh in at 12.5 to 12.8 lbs.

The Falken Azenis at 225/45/17 is at 25 lbs (super heavy tire).. you can go with BFGoodrich T/A KDs (not the KDWs) for a lighter tire and still have a lot of grip.. if you need a better rain tire with grip and better treadwear, go with Toyo T1-S (lightest tire around).

If you want some street speed, a set of SSR Comps and Toyo T1-S will do the trick.. total weight = 33 lbs.. stock weight = 43 lbs.. 10 lbs off per corner is A LOT of weight savings.

Keefe

Keefe

The Toyo T1-S has good grip (very good in the wet) and is very light but you will give up some sidewall stiffness when compared to tires like the Azeni RT-215s or RT-615s. Some people really dislike the softer sidewalls on a max performance tire while others feel that the weight savings is worth it. The T1-Rs will probably also fit this bill, but I'm not sure when they'll be available in the US.

edit: yeah, what Keefe said. I'm slow.

Keefe you really are the god of wheels and tires! Im not sure about the SSR comps, I guess It depends mostly on money. I really like the way the rota looks better than the ssr's too, but thats like 5 pounds difference beteen those wheels. I gotta look at the weight of the T1-S and see if those combined with the Grids will due. Thanks for the help.

Now, Is that photochop possible? Thanks.

Anyone seen the "titiamum chrome" in person? Is this what you might call "black chrome" In the pictures it looks nice -not as blingy as chrome but sharp?

Titanium chrome has a golden tint to it.

Black chrome has a black undercoat which makes it look like "black ice" as some people call it.. head on, you can see it's chrom, but on the other angles you will see that it's darker than gunmetal, but not quite black". Another name for black chrome can be easily mistaken for Hyperblack.

Keefe

Keefe

Keefe you really are the god of wheels and tires! Im not sure about the SSR comps, I guess It depends mostly on money. I really like the way the rota looks better than the ssr's too, but thats like 5 pounds difference beteen those wheels. I gotta look at the weight of the T1-S and see if those combined with the Grids will due. Thanks for the help.

Now, Is that photochop possible? Thanks.

The combination of 5 lbs difference AND Toyo T1-S being super light for a tire (actually, it's one of THE lightest tire around) makes the car soo much easier to accelerate, it's a really felt difference, especially when you drop more than 10 lbs a corner compared to stock.. 33 lbs compared 43 lbs. Even if you look at a standpoint of just raw weight, that's 40 lbs off your car. And if you look at even further in combination of having just 2 gallons in the gas tank comes out to 140 lbs worth of savings. And since wheels and tires experience momentum calculations, the weight savings are expontential and are definitely felt.

Keefe

Keefe

Awesome Thanks Ed. Ill talk to you over the weekend if thats cool.

I also found some 5zigen wheels that I like that styling of, If I painte the silver ones spokes black, but I cant find info on the weight of the wheel. I would love to find some used SSR's of somthing but I think they might be too expensive.

Well I was looking at the six spoke 5zigens. I think GNs, they are. I want Black with polished lip, which they dont have. So the 17in silver ones would be good If I got the spokes painted black. But Im still looking for infor on weight.

Archived