LegacyGT.com

Stock 05 TL Vs 06 LGT

so i have an 06 gt 5eat and my friend has an 05 TL non type S. He thinks it is faster then mine. Both cars are stock. His is an auto as well. Do you think he can take me or can i take him no problem? Just curious before i try anything and not look like an idoit :lol:

Funny you should mention it, I had a run-in with a TL-S a year or so ago. He was ahead of me entering the freeway so he had a slight jump, but my LGT (5MT) caught up with him and I stayed with him until he backed off. With enough road I would've passed him, but I'll admit that it was tight.

Funny you should mention it, I had a run-in with a TL-S a year or so ago. He was ahead of me entering the freeway so he had a slight jump, but my LGT (5MT) caught up with him and I stayed with him until he backed off. With enough road I would've passed him, but I'll admit that it was tight.

Do you have any mods? I would have figured that a stock TL-S should be able to take a LGT relatively easily, between the slightly higher HP and lower drivetrain losses.

Stock. The Acura wasn't new, but they've all looked the same for several years now so I can't say for certain what year model. Only that it was a TL-S. I thought the same thing too, was surprised how well the LGT stood up against the Acura. Reaffirmed again that I made the right call taking the value of the LGT vs. the TL. Plus, the TL's in a 6-spd are rare as hens teeth, or atleast they are around here. When we test drove the TL the dealer didn't have a single 6-spd.

yea a track would be the best place and a bunch of witness!

I don't think that's why he said that.... street racing is dangerous and wreckless to say the least. I'm not going to say I am 100% innocent.... but I don't suggest coming on an internet forum and admitting you intend on doing it..... should something bad happen, lawyers would have a field day with this info..... there is a thread on here about some punk in Canada that took his parents BMW out and raced it, cops got ahold of it and he lost his license I beleive.....

It's always best to preface any statment like that with "at a closed course"

Having said that...

In a closed course, I think you could take him ;):lol:

Sport mode FTW! I notice quite a difference between ‘Normal’ and ‘Sport’ with my non-GT 4EAT. Almost any other N/A drivers out there will back me up saying we need all the ‘git’ we can get! I always drive in ‘Sport’, my hand just automatically puts the lever into that gate.

Archived