LegacyGT.com

Possibly ~1,000 over oil change. Worry?

I'm at 26,400 miles on my car. I use my tripometer "B" to keep track of my mileage. It was at ~3400 miles today, so I changed my oil. I checked the sticker that the dealership had put on my window when I had it changed there last time, and it said "25,4xx or 12-10". I don't know if they miswrote what mileage I should get it changed at, or if I was late setting my tripometer (I honestly don't remember if I did this or not). Is this a big deal, being about a 1,000 over? I know most oils in reality are rated for ~5,000 miles or so...

My commute to work is very short, and I don't do a ton of highway driving, but I don't really get on my car very much (In "I" mode 99% of the time).

Nothing to worry about. It also depends on what oil change interval the dealer uses, they may have put a 3,000mi oil change interval on the sticker, so you could just be 250 miles over. I get my moms oil changed at the dealer, and one time gengras in hartford put a 5,000mi oil change interval on the sticker, whereas mitchell in simsbury put a 3,750 interval on the sticker.

I don't really get on my car very much (In "I" mode 99% of the time).

Why?! Such a shame, the best part of owning a LGT is @ peak boost in 3rd gear coming off a corner.

Yes, having enough oil is more important then how long it's in there (within reason), especially if your never in boost!

Archived