LegacyGT.com

Strut Bars

ttgroove

the jdm sti one looks the meanest, but i would prob go with the cusco one for like $170. i don't think its going to do all that much. my 97 acura came with one stock and so does almost all new acuras so im thinking maybe the sube chassis is so stiff already they though why add another hundred or 2 to sticker for minimal gains. illl prob get the cusco my self and just paint the ends black instead of blue.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Don't bother with the STB and get underbraces....they will do more for the car. Unless you want the Bling...then get them. :D

Agreed. Strut tower bars for most cars (including the Legacy) are a complete waste of money. You will get far more handling improvement by putting that money towards a new set of tires.

If you've got money to burn though...I'd say throw a party or give it to charity or something; you'll still be wasting it on STBs :)

Agreed. Strut tower bars for most cars (including the Legacy) are a complete waste of money. You will get far more handling improvement by putting that money towards a new set of tires.

If you've got money to burn though...I'd say throw a party or give it to charity or something; you'll still be wasting it on STBs :)

Or give it to me....I'm looking to get the rear underbraces. :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Unless you are driving REALLY hard to the point where you are physically twisting the chassis, you dont need strut tower bars. You gotta be doing about close to .85 Gs every day for long periods of time to warp/twist your chassis (it's that or hit a wall).

You can get them for the bling. As for the rear strut for a wagon and a sedan, you'll have to cut some of the plastic panel or carpet to install it.. sorry, but that's the truth of it.

Keefe

Keefe

Unless you are driving REALLY hard to the point where you are physically twisting the chassis, you dont need strut tower bars. You gotta be doing about close to .85 Gs every day for long periods of time to warp/twist your chassis (it's that or hit a wall).

Keefe

I friggin try to do this every day :lol: Damn near bit it entering a sharp onramp. :D

You can get them for the bling. As for the rear strut for a wagon and a sedan, you'll have to cut some of the plastic panel or carpet to install it.. sorry, but that's the truth of it.

Keefe

Keefe this is an open question (rhetorical), not an attack to your statement, but why would anyone put a STB on the rear of a Legacy wagon? I mean, the front is silly enough, but at least there are strut towers to bolt one to. In the rear the struts bolt up to the floor pan. You'd be essentially bolting a bar of steel to one of the most stucturally rigid parts of the unibody :)

Does anyone make a rear floor bar (I won't even call it a strut tower bar) for the Legacy wagon? That's just wrong.

Keefe this is an open question (rhetorical), not an attack to your statement, but why would anyone put a STB on the rear of a Legacy wagon? I mean, the front is silly enough, but at least there are strut towers to bolt one to. In the rear the struts bolt up to the floor pan. You'd be essentially bolting a bar of steel to one of the most stucturally rigid parts of the unibody :)

Does anyone make a rear floor bar (I won't even call it a strut tower bar) for the Legacy wagon? That's just wrong.

I thought they make a cross brace for the wagons? Probably wrong, but that would be better than a single pole.

Worse case senario, you have clothes rack. :lol:

Thank you guys for your inputs. I want LGT to look bling....ahhhhhh...somebody please make bodykit for USDM LGT!!!!!!

Then get em if that your goal. Nothin wrong with it. You just didn't specify if it was for function or beauty. :D

If you remove the liners in the cargo area in the wagon, you'll see that there are no strut towers; you couldn't have a coat rack even if you wanted one :)

Tie down??? :lol:

I know there's no towers...just being a smart a$$.

(you are correct to think that, that's why I dont bother with one).. in all, it would make MORE sense to have a bar that sits higher up (say the B or C pillar of the car where there is a void or no supporting brace). I am pretty sure someone will come in and say "the floor pan doesnt have sheering strength to hold the car together, remember, the car is twisting, same goes for a piece of paper that twists.. compressing or stretching a web doesnt do anything, it's the sheering forces that we are looking at". This topic can go on forever.. if this is true for the strut tower bars, then wouldnt it make MORE sense to have longitudinal bars from strut towers from front to back? If a person is going to go through all the this trouble, why not take it to the extreme to having a a full roll cage? That, in itself, would make more sense than having two little bars that are there to widthstand compression as it's not a sheering force to eliminate to begin with.

Keefe

Keefe

"function" before "fashion" ...not "beauty" :) hehe.

but yeah, girls = fashion before function lol

For superficial women, it's good fashion over bad fashion over function. That's how bad it can get.. we all know 22" @ 90 lbs Triple-spinning, neon-lit CHROME rims is a big bad-fashion statement, but they will pick over the chrome rims over a set of 15" Solid Forge 5 lbs rims any day.

Keefe

I'm going to do something radical and just answer the question:

Cusco makes a carbon fiber one that has good bling appeal. I have a picture here I'll try to scan in but it is basically steel on the ends with a carbon fiber wrapped over an oval alluminum bar. You can probably get it several places but I think MachV carries it. http://fastwrx.com/cucafrstbarl.html

The other bling one would be the titanium one made by STI. Again, several vendors carry it but I remember that RaceComp carries it. http://www.racecompengineering.com/legacy.htm

Those would be my choices - either fits without having to trim anything.

Archived