LegacyGT.com

Misfire on #1

This morning on the way to work I had an issue. Just after the blue light went out, but before it was at normal operating temp I was idling and the car started to choke and shake.

CEL came on and the SI drive and Cruise lights started flashing. Pulled a P0301 (cyl 1 misfire). Car runs and drives fine now, even runs/idles nice from a cold start. No hesitation or sputtering while driving and everything sounds great (no knock)

I'm guessing the only thing to do would be to reset it and see how long it takes to come back on, but I'm new to subi's so I figured I'd throw this out there first to see if I'm missing something.

I just told the other guy... after mine had CEL (misfire) last week the parts store said put a can of Seafoam in the gas tank. $10.00

Worked for me.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I've been searching google and it's saying a bad battery will cause misfiring. My batter has been turning over rather weak, possibility? Chilly lemme know! I bought my car at Quirk nissan in quincy, they'll want me to take it to quirk subaru for service (they said $100 deduct if not at quirk) <---lame.

Quirk?????? WhYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I hate that place. I have many reasons :mad: its their diagnostics fee...it is lame.

You can bring it to Autozone for the same scan thats for free. So I got 2 codes, misfire in 3 and running to lean. I was wondering if its the tune. I am actually in the market for a new battery to fit the FMIC.

I did bring it to autozone to scan, that's why I know i have misfire cyl 1,2,3,4 and lean. lol. Service is another story, if I find this issue ends up being covered under the powertrain warranty then I'm all set, otherwise I'd need a $100 deductible to bring it to another dealer for the platinum warranty I got (according to them). bumper-to-bumper subaru warranty.

BTW I said BOUGHT my car at quirk, not BROUGHT.

Thats what I meant (Bought)....lol. When I was there to buy the subaru, they were kinda being jerks to me and they didn't really wanted to assist me. anyways...Let me know what happens cause Im buying a battery tomorrow to find out if its that.

Archived