LegacyGT.com

Cobb or SPT Exhaust?

blongo804

I use Poly U hangers to keep the CBE up higher. Also, rear bumper on 08's is different. With my old SPT on Kemosavis 07 it has plenty of clearance. On my 08 it was too close at the back of the cut out. No big deal, you could not see it.

I was very happy with MY SPT. Until I got my Cobb. Then I saw the difference. The day the Cobb came home is the day I gave the wife back the SPT, LOL.

Another V2 SPT person right here. In my opinion if you want a subtler tone, that has no drone go with the SPT. It's just the right sound. The LGT is a great sleeper, and I believe a quieter exhaust maintains that appearance. In my opinion a loud exhaust would ruin part of the LGT image of being a toned down, mature version of the WRX/STI.

Construction is top notch, with beautifully polished stainless steel. The exhaust itself sounds deep, and has a rumble at most speeds. At WOT it really brings out the beast within and unleashes that boxer rumble, full bore. A very intoxicating sound. I was driving my car very hard the first few months I got my exhaust put on. ;)

One negative point, as mentioned by Infamous1, is that the Y pipe hangs extremely low. Now, I've had my SPT on for over 6 months and have never had a problem with clearance for speed bumps, etc. I would not recommend this exhaust, however, to anyone who will lower their car. In a lowered car, that Y pipe would be far too close to the ground, and would bump in scrape.

For me, I just wanted a good sound coming from my car, and do not plan on lowering it, or doing any other sort of mod. For my situation, the SPT delivers. If you have a wife or significant other, they will appreciate the exhaust because it's quiet, yet still has that presence of power.

If I failed to note it, my SPT was a V2.

Due to the 1 piece mid/y pipe of the V2 SPT, very few members will ship it. Gonna be hard to make a box. I brought mine home from the dealership outside the box. Never even had it at home. Most sell locally.

If you just want a very well built, no drone CBE the Cobb and SPT are very close. SPT hangs a little low at the "y". SPT makes less power due to restriction at the "y". But these are minimal. Sound is different, but volume is similar. Tips are different. Decide which you like. Availability is key too.

Otherwise, get a Stromung quad tip from me, LOL. More expensive (because they are new), but they fit your requirements.

If I failed to note it, my SPT was a V2.

Due to the 1 piece mid/y pipe of the V2 SPT, very few members will ship it. Gonna be hard to make a box. I brought mine home from the dealership outside the box. Never even had it at home. Most sell locally.

If you just want a very well built, no drone CBE the Cobb and SPT are very close. SPT hangs a little low at the "y". SPT makes less power due to restriction at the "y". But these are minimal. Sound is different, but volume is similar. Tips are different. Decide which you like. Availability is key too.

Otherwise, get a Stromung quad tip from me, LOL. More expensive (because they are new), but they fit your requirements.

any pics of quad tip yet. i did see some pics of quad tip but i dont know if its the same kind i remember the tips were melting the bumper. is it the same exhaust?

Off topic but do you have a higher res version of your profile pic? :)

no high res but heres a bigger pic http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/hard-put-si-drivei-150692p6.html post #82

There are tons of pix of the Stromung quad tip in both my threads. I am meeting with Stromung this week to see if we can tuck the tips any higher into the cut out on the sedans. Plus to measure for aftermarket DP's. Production should begin just before Christmas.

There are tons of pix of the Stromung quad tip in both my threads. I am meeting with Stromung this week to see if we can tuck the tips any higher into the cut out on the sedans. Plus to measure for aftermarket DP's. Production should begin just before Christmas.

yeah i saw the pics after i posted :redface:. i think the quad tip would look way better if it looked like sti spt exhaust tip but i know it cant cuz of the size.

http://image.motortrend.com/f/18707695+w750/112_0906_05z+2009_subaru_impreza_WRX_STI_SPT+exhaust.jpg

Archived