LegacyGT.com

so my car is down again...

Derkle13

well since i just bought a front mount as a birthday present to me something had to go wrong with my leggy. turns out my viscous coupler in the back of my tranny has called it quits. does anybody know how hard of a job it would be to do myself and if there is a place that has the part for cheaper? my mechanic quoted me around $1500.00 :eek: to get it back on the road.

Woah... I might have to pick that up!

Hit up Solid Autoworks... They have the best prices on that stuff.

My viscous has gone out TWICE! Is your car still working or is it just whining? Mine still works, it's just whining at the moment.

Ultimately, the best thing to do is upgrade your whole damn drivetrain. The LGT and WRX drivetrains aren't meant for a ton of power and hard driving that I enjoy. I'm only at 300 whp at the moment and 50k miles and I've had way too many problems with mine. My rear end has been replaced, too. So... I'm looking to go with an '04 STi's entire drivetrain (eventually). Much beefier and can handle a lot more power.

Let me know what Solid quotes you on that...

Woah... I might have to pick that up!

Hit up Solid Autoworks... They have the best prices on that stuff.

My viscous has gone out TWICE! Is your car still working or is it just whining? Mine still works, it's just whining at the moment.

Ultimately, the best thing to do is upgrade your whole damn drivetrain. The LGT and WRX drivetrains aren't meant for a ton of power and hard driving that I enjoy. I'm only at 300 whp at the moment and 50k miles and I've had way too many problems with mine. My rear end has been replaced, too. So... I'm looking to go with an '04 STi's entire drivetrain (eventually). Much beefier and can handle a lot more power.

Let me know what Solid quotes you on that...

The sti swap is definitely something I have considered but at this time its just not in the budget and the Guy that solid sent me to broke his wrist so he is out for a while... nate Wade said they could do it for around 900 so that's a big relief. Is it something that I can just do myself in the garage?? Its still drivable at the moment it just makes an awful clank when turning hard left or right.

Archived