LegacyGT.com

Just purchased '98 LGT Wagon, coolant positive for hydrocarbons.

Nice to see you still have the Gt-B wheels from me! They'd surely have been ruined if I kept them.

Sorry I missed your comment over one year ago Brighton96! But OMG I still love these GT-B wheels.

In other news, I recently experienced a puzzling overheating event, though not severe. I got the car home safely and then went ahead and changed the thermostat & radiator cap the following week, followed by endless coolant system burping. However, few nights ago the car temp gauge went up again during a test drive with the coolant overflow bottle going nearly full and all foamy on top of the coolant. I'm pretty certain at this point I'm looking at a head gasket problem again after 11 years of ownership.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested in building a high compression "hybrid" engine:

EJ251 Block / EJ25D DOHC Heads / STi Head Gaskets / EJ20D Cams / 1996 2.5 Intake & Throttle Body

I'm looking for a plug-and-play direct swap with a bump in NA power over the factory EJ25D.

EJEDIT to add:

The more I read and research, the more rabbit holes I fall into. But by ultimate goal is a bulletproof NA build of a Phase 2 block and Phase 1 DOHC heads that will play nice with my stock ECU. The build should be "turbo ready", though I realistically do not see myself ever going to forced induction.

Edited by camroncamera