LegacyGT.com

Need a new bumper

What are my options or do I need to stick with the L bumper?

I would like to be able to find something at the junkyard. My Ex girlfriend who sometimes takes the car had hit someone in the rear and the bumper came off. It has a hole in it and I might as well see what other bumpers can fit without much modification.

If I ever found an LGT at a junkyard around here I would be stoked. But that won't be the case around here. Plus I would have to color match it as opposed to the outback bumper which already looks pretty good how it is.

you can only use the outback bumper if you use the outback grille.

you can only use the GT bumper if you use the GT grille.

the covers and grilles have to match, the structural parts underneath are all the same.

• I Donated

couldn't have said it better myself

you can only use the outback bumper if you use the outback grille.

you can only use the GT bumper if you use the GT grille.

the covers and grilles have to match, the structural parts underneath are all the same.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Someone on SL-I.net said I would need the Rebar? What?

I thought it would be direct swap with the grille and bumper. What is the rebar he is talking about?

Remember I don't have a GT not sure if that makes a difference in this case or not.

100% sure on this?

This is the directions he gave me. Now I am really getting confused. lol

0) Disconnect your headlights

1) Remove your grille and head lights

2) The rebar has 4 bolts holding it so you got to remove your battery and airbox...

3) You can just pull the bumper + rebar right off. No need to remove all those bolts and clips.

4) Depending on where you got your outback stuff just slide the rebar back in

5) Install the bumper with all the clips and bolts

6) Re-install the rest.

• I Donated
I think thats refering to the actual metal bumper behind the bumper cover. I'm positive you don't have to worry about replacing that as well.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
Yeah nothing else was damaged. Now I need to source a bumper and grille. And then get some fog lights!

Been wanting fogs for quite some time now.

If you get a GT bumper, I would look into getting the JDM foglights. They function and look a whole lot better then the stock USDM ones.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/broknindarkagain/20862_409345158325_605068325_4323268_4122597_n.jpg

The blue one next to my red one is a 96 L with a turbo swap in it. He has the outback bumper and grille on his. No issues putting it on either.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

We will see what I can find. A GT bumper in another color would probably look quite funky.

But it's always an option. I don't feel like primering the car to make everything match :\

The OB bumper would probably look better but who knows.

• I Donated

Here is an OB with a solid color bumper. The black is just for looks http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/2087391961.html

I usually use 3M sandblaster. Its the logest lasting and toughest sandpaper that I've found. Its about 60% more on the cost compared to regular sandpaper, but its well worth it because it lasts a million times longer. Start out with 150+ grit and work your way to finer and finer grits (all the way up to about 800grit) before you paint. Use the 150 to remove the paint thats currently on it and use the finer stuff to smooth everything out. I usually use 4 different grits before I paint.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Archived