LegacyGT.com

5AT lock-up question.

Can't you wire in a switch on the 5eat to force lockup? I've done that on my WRX 4eat. Put in a high stall converter and installed the lockup switch. My car stalls to 4200, 4400 if the conditions are right, so I'm at full boost for launch and then over 5000 I engage the lockup. Revs drop down and I stay in gear longer. It improved my 1/4 time from 13.6 to 13.0. I've experimented with disengaging the lockup on shifts but the difference was negligible. But it shifted a lot harder and could actually overrev when it was cold and bounce off the limiter when engaged.

Yes you can probably can and i will!

Yea, the threads I read said they found that by sending a 12v source to the TC forces lockup. So just tap into this wire with a 3 point switch with 12 volts going through and it's locked up. The car will stall out if you flip the switch at idle and is really jerky feeling if flipped below 5000 rpms. Depending on the type of switch you get, it could act as a kill switch to prevent theft.

put 12+ ??? u sure ? typically tranny solonioids are grounded by the ecm thats how all gm's are .. let me have a look at the wireing shematics

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

and your correct

this is for the 4 eat but i'm sure its similar.

the 5 eat wireing is not shown in the manuals :mad:

I would assume it's similar, but the 4eat also doesn't have the sport mode shiftable auto. Hitting the switch will cause the ATF fluid temp light to flash on the dashboard. And it won't turn off until you turn off the car, so that gets annoying if you are driving around doing that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived