LegacyGT.com

How to find out what Map I'm on?

KGracey

So I just picked up an LGT a couple weeks ago, and I've been stumbling across a couple mods from the previous owner (exhaust, dp, etc.) I'd like to figure out what stage map the car has right now.

I've got a tactrix cable, and I flashed my last wrx to an OTS stage 2 map a couple years ago.

But If I use RomRaider and log the car, I should be able to tell if the car has been tuned from the logs right?

if theres no tune, with the dp u have, your car will not run well...

Yea just pulled some logs. The exhaust is SPT. The car looks to be running fine and target boost never peaks over 13.54 pounds so I'm assuming its the stock tune.

Knock sum stayed the same through multiple pulls so I'm assuming its healthy.

(Log is here if you're curious: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AqXcJifpmo6ldDhQZzdrY3ZZU1hZbVAzd3RqVXV4Vnc&hl=en&authkey=CIaywUc)

Looks like boost is low but timing seems really aggressive? No knock though.. :)

Whats the stock boost level on an LGT? I thought I read it was 13 lbs. Are you talking about the tapering off at the end?

I know the basics, but i'm not comfortable enough to tune a car so I'm probably going with an infamous street tune sometime soon.

Do a learning view to make sure there is no learned knock. Since you have the tatrix cable, you can use ecuflash to download your map and compare it to a stock map.

I'll hop on this later this week. Should I check the ecuflash or romraider site for a stock map?

Thanks for the help guys

There's no way to tell for sure except by pulling the ROM and comparing it to a known ROM (stock or otherwise). It's been a long time since I looked at a log from a stock tune, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what you have right now. I thought the stock tune ran a little more boost, like 14 tapering to 12 or so, but like I said, it's been a long time.

It would be interesting to verify that IAM is 1.0, too. Either with a learning-view snapshot, or just by logging IAM for a second or two. Learning view will give more information (it also shows AF learning and the knock learning table) so that would be preferable.

The timing looks very high compared to most aftermarket tunes, but since boost is low and fueling is rich, higher timing is to be expected. Expect to see 10 degrees less after the boost has been cranked up to 18-tapering-to-14 and fuel has been leaned to the low 11s. :)

Archived