LegacyGT.com

Exhaust

So what would be the best sounding exhaust on a 91 Subaru Legacy Non-Turbo?

I was thinking replace the Cat with a test pipe and replace the stock muffler with a Cherrybomb glasspack.

Any input?

Oh and what is the stock pipe diameter?

Alright, went to my muffler shop and he said that the stock pipe size is 2 inch. Plus as I expected he wont do test pipes. So my question is still Glasspack or Magnaflow?

I guess what I'm gonna do is chop off the stock muffler and go without one for a while. At some point I am going to shop off the rear cat and see what that does to it.

One of my cars has a swapped in ej22, has the cat in the y-pipe still. Other than that it's 2" straight pipe back to the diff, then it goes to 2.5", 18" cherry bomb, and another 12-18" of straight pipe out the back. It is definitely loud enough IMO, and kinda raspy on decel. I had a fake flowmaster in there for awhile first but it wasn't loud enough for me.

cherry-bomb FTW!! :icon_twis

Genome FTW!!!! (its the one of the rarest mufflers on the market) (i had one and its music to my ears)

just so you know, just about any impreza/legacy axleback will fit your car. you dont have to limit yourself to just a glasspack/magnaflow. you can even put an STI muffler on your car. it will sound JUST like an STI. go to a different shop like meineke or something, they do custom exhausts and will put on whatever you want.

the genome is a 1000$ axleback that takes months to get. google "genome exhaust"

better yet, after looking at them myself you cant get a real comparison with them sitting still.

heres my STi with the fully catless exhaust with Genome muffler.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZZ7spU_3U0]YouTube - Marks STi vs EVO[/ame]

I just got a cherry bomb for my legacy non T. I just hacked the old muffler and bought a cherry bomb turbo ($20) and the install any non-crazy mufler shop ($25). It sounds saaaweet. but im thinking of getting a straight pipe to it to make it even better sounding. Downshifting = poping purrrrr

Archived