LegacyGT.com

5EAT torque converter

bmx045

Can I update the TCU CALID myself? 2005.5 obxt. is that UD-S209 just for the 2-3 shift?

First try to reset your TCU and consider updating the TCU CALID to the latest if not already there. Since you're local I can help you do that if you're interested for a symbolic fee (if you choose to skip the dealership).

Has your 5EAT ever been flushed or drain-n-filled? If yes, how often/when last?

Do you have a transmission cooler installed?

• 3 months later...
Ive sent my torque converter to ipt for high stall mod 4300 rpm. I hope i like it. It is matched to my tq curve.

The stock stall for an 05 lgt is 2800 rpm.

Any update on the high stall converter?

I'm getting close to a full IPT and can't figure out what I want to do with the stall.

• 1 month later...
Can I update the TCU CALID myself? 2005.5 obxt. is that UD-S209 just for the 2-3 shift?
Yes, you can so long as the car is USDM (US, Canada, Mexico) spec.

All you need is a Subaru reprogram CD (about $90) and a Tactrix OPv2 cable. For older Subarus you might need green plug reflash mode enabled

Have been running with the new tc from ipt. It shudders if i dont have a lead foot and gas it more then 3/4 throttle in drive and soort but if i use manual it doesnt do it as much. But if i punch it does not shudder. It only reaches 4k before brakes give and if i am beating on it and it is in drive or sport it shudders horribly in 1st 2nd and 3rd. If i manual it it does not shudder. Im very confused as to what to do. So far not very happy with the performance. Dont know if this is a tc issue. I dont think its a trans going bad issue since it was rebuilt with ipt internals at the same time when the new tc went in.

Im not sure i have never drove a high stall before maybe it needs full throttle so it does not lock up if thats the case im not liking it.

Stall is 4300 but im only reaching 4k if im pushin hard on the brake. Anyone got suggestion?

I know there is a TCU reset and relearn procedure, have you done that?

What you are experiencing is what I am trying to avoid, my car is driven normally most of the time so I need it to act normally. It's got a high stall now and shifts great when I'm on it, but when driven normally the revs kinda float a bit and it feels disconnected. WOT shifts are pretty quick and solid but I can't do that rolling through town.

For the IPT my thoughts are the standard stall to keep civilized drivability and just downshift when needed to lock up the TC.

Or...

Kinda thinking a low stall, say around 2200? I prolly wont ever brake launch the car anyway.

• 1 month later...
Yes, you can so long as the car is USDM (US, Canada, Mexico) spec.

All you need is a Subaru reprogram CD (about $90) and a Tactrix OPv2 cable. For older Subarus you might need green plug reflash mode enabled

Could someone kindly point me toward this cd?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived