LegacyGT.com

Is there a fix for the poopy factory GPS?

Does anyone have a fix for the factory GPS and its shortcoming of making routes like a lost nomad?

I've been reading about it and am looking to get a spec B. I know from what I've read about the navi that it'll drive me insane.

Thanks guys,

Micah

i would also like to know if there is a different "operating system" or something you could just 'upload and run' on it. it is one of the lamest GPS/NAV units i've seen, compared to other 08 vehicles i've been in...

several years ago, one of my partners was doing business with some guys that had built custom OS/NAV systems for Mercedes vehicles. so i would assume it is possible to load different softwarez, i've just not looked into what it would entail yet - as it seems with that kind of stuff it can be lots of effort...

I was about to look up options for this as I just recently drove out of town this weekend in parent's Infiniti to pickup a Legacy Gt. The Infiniti Nav got us to the dealership easily. We used the Legacy Nav to show us the way back home and it took us some long way through traffic. I thought it may have been user error on our part. Stopped for Gas and used the Infiniti as the lead vehicle to get home due to its better Nav.

It's the same unit Toyota/Lexus was using eons ago.

I have the most up-to-date maps, and the thing is still so-so. I use it from my drive from Maine to NY, despite knowing the way, because I am curious what way it takes me. It's on par with me for most of it, but I know some shortcut tricks it doesn't.

geez either my navi in my spec be will take me some rediculous route or it will not even have the address in the system half the time and i'll have to enter it via GPS coordinates lol. The only thing I do like is that you can choose several different routes. But not as good as my old tom tom before I had my subi where you can select to travel via a certain road. for example going from long island to upstate ny Oswego for school I can either take the NY thruway or I can go through Pennsylvania and take I-81. I really do dislike my navi in the boo.

geez either my navi in my spec be will take me some rediculous route or it will not even have the address in the system half the time and i'll have to enter it via GPS coordinates lol. The only thing I do like is that you can choose several different routes. But not as good as my old tom tom before I had my subi where you can select to travel via a certain road. for example going from long island to upstate ny Oswego for school I can either take the NY thruway or I can go through Pennsylvania and take I-81. I really do dislike my navi in the boo.

I had no idea you could enter GPS coordinates... that's a pretty nifty trick. Too bad the GPS is terrible otherwise... mine ended up taking me to three different military bases (unintentionally) :mad:

Have any of you enabled the option to allow tollways, time restricted roads, etc? Once I did that, it stopped taking me the weird way to places.

I've got all that enabled and I get to places via a normal route.

I think other owners need to make sure all of the route options are enabled.

Archived