LegacyGT.com

Need help quick!!

Ok so my 05 lgt has had a slight boost leak for around a 1000 miles now. ARound 3-4psi leak. Figured it was just a vacuum leak. However last night after driving around with a friend and then stopping for around an hr to talk to a cpl more people the car took a shit..I start it up to leave and notice that i have NO power. There are no strange noises from before we stopped or even now when im driving. Plug my AP in and see that ive got NO boost. All vacuum only.

Im stage 2 catless dp, catback, pro tune. btw.

The car blew its first turbo at 63k then the motor went about 2000 after that..got a whole new block and turbo from the dealership. Im at 99904 now and ive got the 100k warranty..need to know what people think is wrong here. Im hoping its not the turbo..been reading a cpl threads and guys are saying it could be a couple different lines that pop off..im removing the TMIC now to check. There is a lot of oil in the turbo and intercooler connection. Some in the turbo..good or bad?

Ok so my 05 lgt has had a slight boost leak for around a 1000 miles now. ARound 3-4psi leak. Figured it was just a vacuum leak. However last night after driving around with a friend and then stopping for around an hr to talk to a cpl more people the car took a shit..I start it up to leave and notice that i have NO power. There are no strange noises from before we stopped or even now when im driving. Plug my AP in and see that ive got NO boost. All vacuum only.

Im stage 2 catless dp, catback, pro tune. btw.

The car blew its first turbo at 63k then the motor went about 2000 after that..got a whole new block and turbo from the dealership. Im at 99904 now and ive got the 100k warranty..need to know what people think is wrong here. Im hoping its not the turbo..been reading a cpl threads and guys are saying it could be a couple different lines that pop off..im removing the TMIC now to check. There is a lot of oil in the turbo and intercooler connection. Some in the turbo..good or bad?

So you had a 20-30% loss in boost for about 1000 miles????????

And you did nothing????????

And now you are asking questions? Like what is the problem?? To me, the problem is the loose nut behind the steering wheel.;)

Holy crap, talk about of abuse of machinery:lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

If you had that kind of leak for that long without a proper tune...what do you think was going to happen...nothing?

These things need attention to detail. I light coating of oil is not that bad. Check your engine oil level, look for loose ends on the tmic.

Good luck

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I had the car smoke tested at my tuners..first thought that it was a leak out of the oil filler cap. fixed that by buying a new gasket..its not like i havent been trying to figure out where my leak was from guys. 1000 miles gets put on in 2 weeks. Figured out that my leak was probably from the T connector by the intake manifold under the TMIC.

however i have no smoke coming from anywhere. it was properly tuned btw. ok ya it wasnt a bad amount of oil though after i took a bigger look at it. oil level is good. taking it to the dealership today hopefully after i get the AP troubles worked out

Archived