LegacyGT.com

Gps

BruceBruce

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many options. OP you need to state what your priorities are.

Screen Size?

Voice Activation?

Touch Screen?

Traffic?

Updates?

Is it for all things or are you just leaving it in your car? Is there any chance you want a build in? Etc...

NEXT FRIDAY IS GOING TO BE A GREAT TIME TO BUY!

its going to be a portable. not a built in option. its for my gf mostly and to use in my car when we take it on trips. um not really interested in the voice activation. touch screen is all good. Dont need all the bluetooth, mp3, and other useless things like that. Traffic updates would be nice too. What do you mean by updates?

ps: i can't shop next friday. i gotta work both jobs so i wont be able to shop. Gotta do all my stuff online lol. So cybermonday maybe

FWIW I drove local399 5 and 10 ton cargo trucks around Los Angeles doing filmwork and used one of these:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-4-3-Inch-Widescreen-Portable-Navigator/dp/B001UO0RKS/ref=pd_ts_e_5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics]Amazon.com: Garmin nüvi 1350/1350T 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator with Traffic: Electronics[/ame]

I paid a lot more for it but I will say, as soon as I stopped driving for work, I sold it. I guess I am a google map + thomas guide/physical map sort of guy.

Things that I really liked? Putting in all the Property Houses so that no matter what location I was in, it would tell me how to get to the next location and tell me about the traffic. It would help track overall mileage and made mileage expense reports VERY easy. There are actually a lot of good deals and if you scroll down to the bottom of the link I provided, there is an extensive chart with all the different things that GPS tend to do so that you can pick the best one for you.

I had great luck with this one and would get it again if I drove more than I do (cellphone also has maps). I sold it sometime last year on CL for a few dollars more than it sells for NEW now.

Archived