LegacyGT.com

Crazy night of racing..

Tonight was such a crazy ass night.. Ive had my leg gt for about 3 months now.. and tonight was actually the first night i went out racing.. Damn was it a good time.. This car is actually my 1st stick also.. I had a 86" Trans am, 2004 Mazda 6, and a 2002 Trans am ws6, and all them were auto.. and this is happily a stick.. but anyways, i raced a good 10-15 cars tonight, and lost once.. I raced a sick ass 04 Saleen.. took that off the line and he than crapped on me.. but my pride and joy were against 2 cars - Brand new with dealership plates 05 WRX... and a 04 S2000 that had work done to it.. Me and the wrx were nose to nose, but when i hit about 80 i just pushed away.. Than with the kids with the s2000, they were the cockiest kids ever.. like i kinda underestamated the legacy.. cause the s2000 redlines at like 9000 rpm, and from a roll in 2nd gear i shit on him by about 3-4 car lengths.. i pulled up to a light and his buddies are talkin to me tellin me that car takes Evos and STIs off the line... so then i raced him from a stop and smoked him... comepletely.. after tonight, id advise all people who dont have work done to there legacy and dont know where to start should def start with an UP and a DP.. damn can you feel and hear the difference..

i've raced and beat the following: 2000+ mustang GT, 96 cobra, evo, gts eclipse, and the list keeps growing...

def. a sleeper car to be reckoned with.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

i don't know about you guys but i am experiencing a rapid growth of people trying to test my leggy. its getting annoying. its generally those who think their intake, drop, and loud ass wrx can smoke an sti, but not to be out done by civics with fart cans. wtf. just like todat for example. a loud wrx with its blow off every second would not leave me and a g35 alone (cherry red with 19 inch gold volks with polished lip. SWEET!!) i told the dude driving it his rims were nicer then his car. he laughed.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

really is a sleeper, on my way home from Diego no one wanted to race me, so i just have to kinda wait till they try, but still no takers... same goes when just around town, no one wants to race....or even just try and pull away from me

All I have done to my Outback is Stage 1 AccessPort. I do a lot of internet racing - looking up stats online to compare my car to the cars that I see on the road. It is much safer than racing on the street!

But the other day I couldn't resist and I gave in to racing someone in a Dodge pick up of all things. It was an SRT-10 which at the time I didn't know what that meant. I was driving on a street with a lot of lights and traffic and there was some guy in this fancy looking pickup with a hood scoop and spoiler who kept burning out his tires - not impressive on a pickup! - and romping on the gas even though we were in traffic.

I happened to hit one of the lights side by side with him. I'm sure he didn't expect anything out of an Outback. I jumped out two car lengths on him and he tried to catch up but stayed in my review mirror through 3rd gear until the next light. There were cars waiting for us at the next light and he never had a chance to try again. Boy was he mad! He kept pulling up next to me and spinning out his tires to impress me with all the power he had.

So I got home and looked up the truck and it has a 500hp / 525 torque Viper engine in it and 4.11 gears! Now the truck weighs almost 6000lbs so the stats that they showed for 1/4 mile and 0-60 times were pretty close with what my car should do. But it makes me laugh that this guy paid over $40,000 for his "racing pick up" and got surprised by a Subaru Ouback Wagon!

I had two young bucks in a new maxima with "injen, Eibach and stillen" stickers all over it take me on. I love the sound of the nissan v6's, especially after the exhaust is changed. Anyway, after listening to his car revving for a couple of city blocks from one light to the next, I decided to give it a go. I looked over, got thier attention, and when the light turned green we were off. the LGT leaped to about a car and a half lead and held it all the way through third where it was time to let off. I could hear the exhaust on the maxima wailing frantically in vain, trying to catch and pass, LOL!

I had to turn right at the next light, so I never got to see thier faces, but I'm sure it was total shock, getting punched out by a "family wagon".

HA!

It clearly said SRT-10 on the rear fender. There is no doubt that it was one. I just got the jump off the light on him as he probably didn't expect to be racing a subaru. But he was not gaining on me once he tried to catch up.

Plus remember that I'm not stock - around 290 hp and 305 lbs./ft. of torque. If it had been a 1/4 mile he might have gained on me in the higher gears.

Outback Xt, I doubt you woulda beat a Srt-10.. it was probally just a regular dodge 1500 with a hood scoop.. the srt-10 runs like low 13s stock in 1/4 mile and is the fastest produced truck in america..

It was most likely the Quad Cab version, which has the same Viper 8.1 liter V-10 but comes only with the 4 speed automatic and weighs about 550 pounds

heavier than the regular cab SRT-10 with the 6 speed manual.

Search for my posting of my encounter with the sales manager

at Power Dodge, who has the Quad Cab SRT-10.

From a roll at 3 different speeds, I stuck to his arse like flies on shite.

From a stop, he wouldn't have a chance with our AWD launching ability.

The Quad Cab SRT-10 has acceleration times just about identical to our

LGT's so it stands to reason.

Did you guys catch he lives in DENVER..... Altitude Rocks (at least for turbos)! Plus the intake manifold and air box were experiencing heat soak from all of his burnouts in stop and go traffic... So with those 2 things he might effectively have 300hp (maybe less).. And don't forget how heavy that truck is...(not sure on the number)

I really am annoyed by idiots like the guy in the SRT-10...

Thanks you. It definately was not a quad cab. I think that my surprise of taking off the line before he realized that a subaru could be serious competition plus the altitude equals a close race. I'm sure I would not have gotten a 2 car length lead from the light unles he realized that I was going to race him.

And the altitude is in my advantage over a NA engine. Whatever the case, he could not catch up at all. If it had been a longer run, who knows. But through 3rd and over 5000' altitude he could not catch me. If I were Stage 2 I would have walked away from him. As it was, I just beat him off the line and we both ran neck and neck - minus a 2 car lead on my part - for the run.

i think that he just sat there and laughed that you wanted to raise him.. like i know your self esteem is really high about it.. but in a 1/4 mile race, there is absolutly no way you could beat him.. and especially not by 2 car lengths..

Archived