LegacyGT.com

Looking for good side window vents for 2005 Legacy

Has anyone found a well designed, well made side window vent shade for the 2005 Legacy that looks, fits, attaches and works well?

For the Legacy Wagon...

wagon or sedan?

http://www.cc-b.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=E3610AG010&Category_Code=SL05

(wagon in stock, sedan not in stock from this retailer)

some members here have also had success ordering from cheam motors in the UK.

http://www.cheammotors.co.uk/content.php?categoryId=69

(lots of goodies on thier website)

http://www.carxccessory.com/carxccessory/avsc-94356.html

$52 is a hell of a lot cheaper than $159 - i don't care if they aren't "factory Subaru" parts. i got these, haven't installed 'em yet.

Thanks for the link. Do you have the product in hand and will they work on the Subaru unframed windows? The pictures of the vents shown on the site certainly don't look like they'd be for the 05 Legacy's. They appear to be on a car with framed and not frameless side windows.

Thanks for the link. Do you have the product in hand and will they work on the Subaru unframed windows? The pictures of the vents shown on the site certainly don't look like they'd be for the 05 Legacy's. They appear to be on a car with framed and not frameless side windows.

i just put them on today - twice. :rolleyes:

check fitment first! (have someone hold them while you open the doors - first time the doors were hitting them. had to remove them (PITA), and buy new 3M tape, and re-do 'em.

they attach to the black trim over the doors, and are designed for the 2005 Legacy sedan and there are ones for the wagon, too.

I guess Subaru doesn't make some? I would prefer Subbie brand myself, but I haven't seen any for sale.

-S

they do, but they are JDM and $159.

the Auto Ventshade brand is $52.

i just put them on today - twice. :rolleyes:

check fitment first! (have someone hold them while you open the doors - first time the doors were hitting them. had to remove them (PITA), and buy new 3M tape, and re-do 'em.

they attach to the black trim over the doors, and are designed for the 2005 Legacy sedan and there are ones for the wagon, too.

I wondered about clearance for the window glass and if providing enough clearance for the glass to close under the shade would limit the effectivness of the shade. The shades appears to be quite thin and that it does not project very far from the car. I think this provides for a good look but do they truly provide any protection from water running into the car upon opening a door or driving with a window cracked open a little? One person noted excessive wind noise at higher speeds. Do others have any experience with wind noise between 0 and 70.

I wondered about clearance for the window glass and if providing enough clearance for the glass to close under the shade would limit the effectivness of the shade. The shades appears to be quite thin and that it does not project very far from the car. I think this provides for a good look but do they truly provide any protection from water running into the car upon opening a door or driving with a window cracked open a little? One person noted excessive wind noise at higher speeds. Do others have any experience with wind noise between 0 and 70.

they stick out enough that water running into the car won't be a problem. i haven't tested them at speed yet, because i haven't driven the car today since putting them on.

I just received my autoventshades from carxccessery.com (first pair was damaged) and they don't look like they fit at all. does someone have pictures of them installed from this site? Here's a picture of the ones they sent me, the packaging says 2005 legacy sedan, but they just don't seem to fit right, especially with not having a top to the door:D

http://mywebsite.register.com/db4/00329/ilivewithanarab.com/_uimages/ventshades.jpg

Well I finally got the replacement ventshades today, and again they sent the same ones as last time. I checked the number on the actual ventshade online and its for a early 90's mercury tracer :eek: . I'm kinda ticked and never want to deal with them again. CarXccessory.com stinks.

I just received my autoventshades from carxccessery.com (first pair was damaged) and they don't look like they fit at all. does someone have pictures of them installed from this site? Here's a picture of the ones they sent me, the packaging says 2005 legacy sedan, but they just don't seem to fit right, especially with not having a top to the door:D

http://mywebsite.register.com/db4/00329/ilivewithanarab.com/_uimages/ventshades.jpg

these don't fit at all I send them back a week ago

What you want (for a 4 Door sedan) is:

Item Name: 4 Piece Vent Visors

Item Number: 94424

Wagon Part #AVSC-94356

Sedan Part #AVSC-94424

What does your package/receipt say?

That's right apl. for sedan according to Ventshade but it's not true- don't bother

Well I finally got the replacement ventshades today, and again they sent the same ones as last time. I checked the number on the actual ventshade online and its for a early 90's mercury tracer :eek: . I'm kinda ticked and never want to deal with them again. CarXccessory.com stinks.

It's not CarXccessory.com - it's Ventshade fault

:mad:

happened to me, too. if you look on the actual ventshade, you'll probably notice the model number is one digit off vs. 94424, even though the packaging says otherwise.

i returned them and got the correct ones in a few days.

Archived