LegacyGT.com

another strange smell post

This one is not the rotten egg that most complain of from the clutch or cat. I get a mildewy smell when idling after the car has been running for a while. If I idle for longer than a minute or so it changes to more of a dead animal smell. Yes, I have checked the car for dead animals...none were found.

Anybody else experience this or have any idea what it might be? I've had the car for about 5 weeks now and it just started happening in the last four to five days. TIA.

Chris

is it coming from your vents? are your vents set to recirculate or take air from outside? A/C on?

I can't really think of what might be causing it other than something dead in your vents... Possibly the dealer could locate the problem?

The AC drain used to get clogged up in my old car. I apparently parked it with a puddle inside the vents, then went on vacation. When I came back, it smelled exactly like you're describing. Try letting the car idle with the AC on and make sure a good amount of water is dripping out from the compressor...

what did flatiron subaru say?

Finally realized it was a consistent problem today so haven't had a chance to give them a call. I'll check the drain on the AC compressor tomorrow and likely give a call on Monday.

Chris

Archived