LegacyGT.com

then your question to your friend should be... "Why the hell are you giving me springs, you wanna blow my struts up?" :) how should we know why "your" friend is giving you springs. he/she is "YOUR" friend.

anyways, aftermarket springs on stock strut will definitely drop your car, and your ride comfort will decrease, but handling will slightly increase. the stock strut will eventually blown.

I guess it depends on you whether it's gonna be a pain or not. Here's some scenarios:

- people's low beams may seam like high beams in your rear view mirror

- scraping your front bumper when parking or coming out of a driveway

- scraping your door if you're parallel parked

- scraping your exhaust when you're backing up

For struts, the Legacy is really just limited to a few options if you're buying new

Koni Sport - adjustable rebound dampening and uses stock top mounts

Bilstein HD - not adjustable and uses Spec.B top mounts (raises ride height slightly)

Tokico HTS - adjustable and uses Spec.B top mounts (raises ride height slightly)

Keep in mind whichever struts you choose, your suspension travel will be limited because the springs drop it so low so you might hit your bump stops frequently going over bumps.

Swifts actually drop around as much as S.techs, around 1.5". They kinda false advertised it as a mild drop.

It's one of the reasons why Underdog replaced the Swifts on his Koni struts with Epic Engineering springs.

Archived