LegacyGT.com

fuel mileage for GT

Only run Top Tier gas and I average 22 MPG around town. Just did a 1300 mile trip this weekend, full load, range of speeds from short in-town at 20-35 MPH (and a lot of idling in traffic) and freeway driving at 65-75 MPH with some passing bursts, and averaged 28.5 MPG. Changed over to to Dunlop 17" Wintersport tires on stock wheels prior to the trip. Stage 2+ 295AWHP/310AWTQ.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I can get up to 25 (avg. 21-25) in town because I shift under 3k RPM, and stay cruising about 40MPH, this is after a lot of trial and error. Yes its slow, but if you have no reason to speed then conserve your fuel. I am getting about 350-375 miles per tank.

5th gear on this car is way too small...I had a SAAB (4cyl tubro) that would do 80MPH at 2500 RPM

Ok, thanks everyone for your help. I know how frustrating it can be when someone comes on a forum and asks questions that were answered three years ago. We get it at Acurazine quite a bit.

I did search but in my excitement about the whole thing I guess I didn't dig deep enough.

Thanks again.

Archived