LegacyGT.com

So im looking for a downpipe

Most all dp (as long as they are from a reputable brand) will perform the same. There really isn't one better than the other and as far as catless or catted, there's a slight difference in hp/tq (like 1-2) so that's not a big deal and the only benefit of one over the other is for emissions compliance.

Hope this sums up any questions you have or will have about a dp.

^ what they are saying is - DONT OVERSPEND ON A DP. The CNT DP are as nice or nicer than any other on the market - are a true open bellmouth and have great finish. GO GET IN ON THAT CNT GROUP BUY.

I bought mine for $330 and love it. I can't believe they are available new for under $300 shipped. Thats just INSANE for the best LGT powermod there is (other than a tune obviously).

Check out Infamous1 for tunes. If you package an etune with the DP I think you get a $10 discount on your tune making it $140 for the tune and something like $280 for q catted or even less or a catless DP.

Just insane power prices.

Thanks, you guys are really helpful. I've had the car a bit over 2 months now, and i spend tons of free time reading here and nasioc. I've been to a couple nasioc meets.

I've got a nice little list of things that i want to do, so im collecting parts now, then i'll be waiting to tune. I was a bit iffy about doing an e-tune w/ infamous, and was planning on checking out wicked innovation down in souther RI (near where i work, since i'd be installing stuff at work it only makes sense to go right for a tune from work). But the more i read here, the more i think im going to go w/ an infamous E-tune.

(i already got a catless up pipe, and perrin crank pulley)

I'm looking to do, the up pipe, DP, a boost controller (probably the grimspeed electronic one) then tune.

I'd like an exhaust but its not in the cards, and i want a real quiet one. From what i've gathered that option is pricey :) (tax season?)

I have the CNT DP and Grimmspeed BCS, (since I have an 08 dont need the uppipe.) Both of them area great, making some nice power with them as well.

I would recommend an upgraded inter-cooler. If you plan on running higher boost then you risk blowing the end tanks off of the stock one. There is a GB for both the AVO and the IPR. IPR is cheaper but AVO has better fitment, so choice is up to you.

The stock intercooler WILL (eventually or quickly probably depends on how often and hard you beat on your car) develop leaks due to the endtanks slightly separating with the car at stage 2 FYI. A bigger intercooler with just stage 2 also leads to a very noticeable increase in turbo lag, and boost spiking? will also be present.

A bigger intercooler with just stage 2 also leads to a very noticeable increase in turbo lag, and boost spiking? will also be present.

I don't think so, I go from 5 lbs of boost at 2.5k rpm and hit target (19.5) at 3.3k rpm. The boost controller helps build quick. Also I never had a spike over 19.5. I have the IPR TMIC.

Now if your talking front mount then you might have more, but I can't comment on that since never been in one.

iv_05gt - Stay under 16, won't be as much fun, but safer since your not changing your intercooler. Also search for JB weld, just added protection.

A bigger intercooler with just stage 2 also leads to a very noticeable increase in turbo lag, and boost spiking? will also be present.
This isn't really accurate. If you stay with a tmic, you won't notice increased lag (aftermarkets are bigger than stock). Now if you go with a fmic....this is where you'll noticed more lag.

As for boost spiking....you won't have issues with this....again, if you're tuned.

Sorry the AVO one ended, its still high in the GB section so I figured it was still going.

Mobius you can run stage two with out it, but risk your end tanks blowing off.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/intercooler-blowing-up-146367.html?t=146367&highlight=end+tanks

16 lbs is a tame tune and it still did that. Some people are fine with just the JB weld but I rather be safe than sorry. At the very least JB weld the end tanks.

Thanks for the heads up. I just received my AP, but will probably wait with stage 2 until the spring, seeing as I don't have the funds for a TMIC just yet (and I too would rather be safe than sorry). I do have an STI one sitting in my garage, but that would be a fitment nightmare without a matching intake manifold.

I think people are making a bigger deal of the endtanks then needed. You can go "stage2" and be ok....the issue is that with repeated hard acceleration, eventually the endtanks might give. This doesn't mean they will give right away. You can go ahead and do a tune but simply keep an eye out for signs of fatigue on the ic. I had many mods on my car with the stock ic and never had a problem....then again I wasn't extremely hard day and and day out on my car. So if you aren't planning on beating your car, you should be fine with the stock one for a while. In addition if your using the ots maps from cobb, they are fairly conserative and so you should be fine.

On the endtanks it won't necessarily be visible. Do a boost leak check, and you can easily spot the leaks. If you get a specific dyno tune or open source tune you may not notice the difference running an aftermarket top mount, but myself and one other LGT driver I know here using the off the shelf stage 2 AP map have experienced increased boost anywhere from 1-2 PSI and more lag. It took me a few hundred rpm more to get to what should have been peak boost with the IPR.

On the endtanks it won't necessarily be visible. Do a boost leak check, and you can easily spot the leaks. If you get a specific dyno tune or open source tune you may not notice the difference running an aftermarket top mount, but myself and one other LGT driver I know here using the off the shelf stage 2 AP map have experienced increased boost anywhere from 1-2 PSI and more lag. It took me a few hundred rpm more to get to what should have been peak boost with the IPR.

That because those maps really suck for the most part. I was opensourced tune when I still had my avo tmic and with your basic "stage 2" mods, I increased response time.

Archived