LegacyGT.com

LGT: found the right color, but...

Ready to plunge, but if anyone could allay or confirm these concerns, I'd appreciate it:

1. Finally found a silver LGT Ltd on a nearby lot, thinking that having the car on the lot will make the dealer more motivated than having my closer dealer search other dealer's lots: true or not?

2. 78 miles on the OD: is that high? What is the most abuse that could be perpetrated in 78 miles? This is the car I'm gonna marry, and I always thought I'd want a virgin, but in that analogy I've alway found experience to be a plus...

3. The brake disks are rusty. Will that come off with use?

4. Build date 10/04: late enough to fix rattles, or not applicable?

5. Finally, I'm shooting for a target price of $26,800, automatic with delivery and added armrest/mirror/sub. If they have had this on their lot for quite a few months now, is that a reasonable expectation? Should I start lower?

Thanks for the help, I'm looking forward to joining the club. TAKE THAT, you over-computerized GMSaab with great handling but so much annoyance that it's driven me into the perforated leather arms of another.......

Mmmmmm......momo.....

-

1. Yes

2. 78 is high, but expected given build date

3. Yes

4. ??

5. Start lower (I bought a 5sp LGT-L wagon for same money six months ago - wagon increase = auto trans increase)

look at http://www.fitzmall.com for an idea about pricing on the current market.

I've got a 06/04-built 5EAT GT Sedan with 120 off the lot and now at 17k miles on the Odo with only 1 problem that has been fixed under warranty, the friggin floor mat hook.

Go for it.

Mojo

I keed I keeed

1. YES

2. I woundnt worry so much about the mileage since its an auto, but I would only buy a manual new.

3. Yes, they look like that after I wash mine in the driveway.

4. Mine was built 9/04, I now have 8400 miles and I had to get my floor mat hook fixed, it broke off on day 5 or so. New one is working good.

5. I got mine for 200 under invoice, edmunds.com invoice price. people seem to be getting alot better deals now. I ordered my LGT 9/1 and took delivery 9/27 with a build date of Sept. Order and get exactly what you want, that car has been sitting outside for 8 months. They dont take that long, they only come from Indiana!

As far as #3, my current car (99 taurus wagon) has disc brakes and I was away for a week or so and came back and they were quite ugly. After a couple days it was gone. If you leave it for any amount of time it'll rust. Although the rate will depend on the metal I'm sure.

Any car with iron rotors will oxidize. Mine does it over night, just from the rain. It is surfac only and cleans right off with a mile of driving.

Any car with iron rotors will oxidize. Mine does it over night, just from the rain. It is surfac only and cleans right off with a mile of driving.

Mine rusts by the end of the workday when there is rain too.

Mojo

I keed I keeed

You should do is, browse/search around for threads about problems and when you test drive the car, try to find any early signs of these problems.

1. Cooling Fan Stuck On : I asked for build dates a while ago but none were provided

2. Wind Noise from Mirror : Minor annoyance, solved by replacing mirror

3. Side MIrror Glass Bent : Can't find the thread, just check the mirrors while sitting inside and look at straight-lined objects to detect any imperfections in the mirror

Mojo

I keed I keeed

Archived