LegacyGT.com

How good can the stock h/u be with upgrades?

awd

I have an 08 2.5 limited and want to improve the sound of the stock system without replacing the h/u. If I upgrade all the speakers, add a sub and a good amp will that improve the stock system enough to sound decent? Not looking for a competition system or anything, just something that sounds more full and balanced..

Thanks, I was planning on adding a 4 channel amp as well as replacing the door speakers and adding a subwoofer, just want to make sure it would make enough of an improvement to justify the cost.. I will wait for others to chime in with opinions..

I'm running four Alpine Type-S powered by a 4-channel amp, and a 12" sub powered by a monoblock amp. I'm also utilizing the stock headunit. You will need line output converters because we do not have pre-amp outs on the Legacy head. The system sounds much better than stock, but I plan to do more work in the future.

If I could do it again I wouldn't use the standard, cheap LOC. I would splurge on one of the electronic units.

Thanks, I will do a search on the cleansweep mod before I do anything.. Man, I just checked out the carpc thread and if the jdm cubby would work that would be tempting. Anybody know of a shallow mount touch screen head unit that you might be able to mount in the cubby area without hacking it up to fit a full double din in there? Does Kenwood, Alpine or any manufacturer make anything like that? Is there any somewhat simple way to get a clean install in the cubby?

Archived