LegacyGT.com

Legacy Resale Value

How do you think the resale value on this car will be? I'm asking because I went to the dealership yesterday with my dad. He seems to like the car :D, except since he has to put me through college (UCDavis), and then my sister as well next year (UCLA), so he doesn't want to buy a new car for me and would rather I get this car used since I'm so set on getting this car. I don't really mind when I get the car, although sooner the better. But anyways, how do you think the cars will be value wise in say like six or nine months? My dad asked the salesperson and he said that he wouldn't count on seeing used cars for two to three years. Now as desireable as these cars are, I obviously don't believe that.
-ben

There is a special lease right now, $249 for the 2.5i, and $299 for the GT. manual only. Legacys have held their value very well in the past, losing only 50% of their value over 5 years. A 1 year old used car will not be the way to go, because it won't have any incentives, and the markup is close to the cost of a new one, so a 1 year old new car will cost the same or cheaper with incentives.

[quote name='Th3Franz']I've gotten to the point where my dad will tolerate having a Japanese car parked in his driveway. :D Oh well, maybe I'll convince him once the car is broken in. :twisted:[/quote] Your dad is an "American Car" guy? :lol:

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='Th3Franz']I've gotten to the point where my dad will tolerate having a Japanese car parked in his driveway. :D Oh well, maybe I'll convince him once the car is broken in. :twisted:[/quote] Your dad is an "American Car" guy? :lol:[/quote] Yes. That's all he's bought, ever. And he's 72. I think if I were to get a Mitsubishi he'd disown me. Ask any veteran about Mitsubishi...

[quote name='Th3Franz'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='Th3Franz']I've gotten to the point where my dad will tolerate having a Japanese car parked in his driveway. :D Oh well, maybe I'll convince him once the car is broken in. :twisted:[/quote] Your dad is an "American Car" guy? :lol:[/quote] Yes. That's all he's bought, ever. And he's 72. I think if I were to get a Mitsubishi he'd disown me. Ask any veteran about Mitsubishi...[/quote] Even today [b]some[/b] jap still think they didn't do anything wrong (I read an article that [b]some[/b] jap schools are telling their kids that they were invaded by the chinese! My Korean friend said North Korea is telling their people that the US = Nazi!)! I heard Mitsu is a big $$$ source of such a bunch in the jap gov. [b]Edit[/b]: I had to make some changes b/c someone couldn't comprehend my original post, and was assuming that anybody who can write English must be American.

This Space For Rent

[quote name='gt_ltd'] Even today some mofo jap still think they didn't do anything wrong (I read an article that some jap schools are telling their kids that they were invaded by the chinese! My Korean friend said North Korea is telling their people that the US = Nazi!)! I heard Mitsu is a big $$$ source of such a bunch in the jap gov.[/quote] Mofo Jap? REAL mature. It's ignorant people like you that give the United States a bad name. I think its time to grow up. As for the North Koreans they are infamous for "conditioning" their citizens into thinking certain things. But you can say the same thing about us too, especially with the current administration. Oh well....dont wanna turn this into a political thread.

[quote name='axis008']How do you think the resale value on this car will be? I'm asking because I went to the dealership yesterday with my dad. He seems to like the car :D, except since he has to put me through college (UCDavis), and then my sister as well next year (UCLA), so he doesn't want to buy a new car for me and would rather I get this car used since I'm so set on getting this car. I don't really mind when I get the car, although sooner the better. But anyways, how do you think the cars will be value wise in say like six or nine months? My dad asked the salesperson and he said that he wouldn't count on seeing used cars for two to three years. Now as desireable as these cars are, I obviously don't believe that.[/quote] I hope the Legacy holds its value better then my current ride. I bought a 1998 Montero Sport LS 4x4 back in 98 for around 26k. I will be lucky to get $5k for it now. Its been damn reliable and great offroad though. But i have an itching for a fast new car :D

[quote name='gt_ltd'] Even today some mofo jap still think they didn't do anything wrong (I read an article that some jap schools are telling their kids that they were invaded by the chinese! My Korean friend said North Korea is telling their people that the US = Nazi!)! I heard Mitsu is a big $$$ source of such a bunch in the jap gov.[/quote] Clean it up. Think about who you are offending before you speak.

[quote name='gt_ltd'][quote name='Th3Franz'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='Th3Franz']I've gotten to the point where my dad will tolerate having a Japanese car parked in his driveway. :D Oh well, maybe I'll convince him once the car is broken in. :twisted:[/quote] Your dad is an "American Car" guy? :lol:[/quote] Yes. That's all he's bought, ever. And he's 72. I think if I were to get a Mitsubishi he'd disown me. Ask any veteran about Mitsubishi...[/quote] Even today [b]some[/b] jap still think they didn't do anything wrong (I read an article that [b]some[/b] jap schools are telling their kids that they were invaded by the chinese! My Korean friend said North Korea is telling their people that the US = Nazi!)! I heard Mitsu is a big $$$ source of such a bunch in the jap gov. [b]Edit[/b]: I had to make some changes b/c someone couldn't comprehend my original post, and was assuming that anybody who can write English must be American.[/quote] Real nice, I guess maybe you assumed there is no "[b]jap[/b]" who can read and write English in this forum.

This is way off topic, but why are the Japanese hated so much, when it was the Germans extinguishing the Nazi's? It sounds like our fathers and grandfathers have still to this day allowed U.S. propaganda to affect their way of thinking. All the German car maker used unpaid Jews to work for them. Henry Ford was Hitler's biggest supporter in the U.S.

Archived