LegacyGT.com

Windows fog up super easy ...

Hey all,

Well as the weather is getting colder, I have noticed that my car fogs up so easily. I always have to have the air blowing hard on the windshield and always have the have the rear defrost on or else I won't be able to see out of my car.

Is this a common issue or why would it be happening? I mean winter isn't even here yet.

Seriously though - you may have a problem wit the ventilation being stuck in recirc - even if the selector for recirc isn't selected.

A servo motor may have failed. The recirc inlet is if I'm right somewhere above the passenger's feet near the fan.

453747.png

i heard mixing vinegar with water? or something else and wipe down the windows helps

Thanks, I do have some anti-fog spray but I never had to use it. It's never been a problem in any car I had unless it was really hot and humid and raining out.

Seriously though - you may have a problem wit the ventilation being stuck in recirc - even if the selector for recirc isn't selected.

A servo motor may have failed. The recirc inlet is if I'm right somewhere above the passenger's feet near the fan.

I think the recirc works fine. When driving with the heat/ac off, I can feel wind blowing on me and if I put it to recirc, it stops blowing air on me. In every car I owned, this is how I know that aspect of the hvac is working. But I will inquire into it next time I am at a dealer

Wow you guys really tore into him. I assume he won't be back anytime soon.

Nah, it's easy to ignore them.

Well I will say that mine are doing the same thing now that the temps are hitting the 20s and 30s. They seem to fog up pretty easily most of the time.

I think I'll just trow some Never Fog, or something of the like, on the windshield.

Yeah I guess I will have to do the same, it really sucks though. Just never been an issue. Temps are only about 0C or 32F around here right now. It also only happens at night.

Guess it's a common issue. :cool:

Thank you for the help guys! :lol:

FWIW, when the blower is on high and recir, its very loud. When I change over to outside air the blower quites down.

Do that test and see if the system is working.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Check in the trunk under the spare and see if you have water, carpets are wet etc.... Had this problem in my old 91 honda lol. When it accumulated then the rear would start to fog up then the rest.

Usually is that there is water or humdity somewhere in the car.

Archived