LegacyGT.com

C/V O-ring on '05 LGT w/ 5MT

Kingfisher

Guys, I'm in the middle of a CV replacement on the drivers side of my '05 LGT. I've got the seal and the o-ring, but to be honest I have only found ad couple of mentions on the site about where the o-ring goes. I have no idea if I'll even need it, but I picked it up just to be safe. Where does the large o-ring go?

Part #806975010

You need to unscrew the cover on the side of the trans to replace the o-ring. When I removed mine, I inspected the existing o-ring and it was in great shape so I didn't replace it. You also need to remove the cover to properly replace the axle seal.

Make sure you place a mark on the trans and cover so you know it's properly aligned when you screw it back together.

PERFECT! That's the clear concise answer I was looking for. That is what I thought it was for but I wanted to make sure. I would think that the o-ring would be fine in my case. Is it absolutely necessary to pull the cover to replace the seal? I know I know... trying to cheat the job here, but with the time change I'm going to run out of daylight in a hurry. The cover doesn't look difficult anyway, but I'm also of the "if it ain't broke..." mindset here. :)

Much appreciated Th3Franz, thanks for the quick reply.

Archived