LegacyGT.com

2005 LGT Wagon, Auto - about to buy...

gnod85

• 1 month later...

I'm pointlessly reviving an old thread to comment -- while I was getting some other service done, my dealership just quoted $850 to check the banjo bolt. :) They mentioned something about only needing to do this when replacing a damaged turbo, which is actually mentioned in the TSB. Needless to say, I'm going to go somewhere else or check it myself.

Just in case anyone else is having this checked out, note that there are TWO TSBs. It may help to refer to the more recent one, which is 02-106-08.

To the OP, hope you're enjoying your LGT!

• Mega Users
I'm pointlessly reviving an old thread to comment -- while I was getting some other service done, my dealership just quoted $850 to check the banjo bolt. :) They mentioned something about only needing to do this when replacing a damaged turbo, which is actually mentioned in the TSB. Needless to say, I'm going to go somewhere else or check it myself.

Just in case anyone else is having this checked out, note that there are TWO TSBs. It may help to refer to the more recent one, which is 02-106-08.

To the OP, hope you're enjoying your LGT!

Holy crap:eek: I'd find a new dealership. It should be about 1 hour of labor, 2 tops, and it's a $15 part...

If you have a drivetrain warranty that is still intact, then you can just wait for it to run out before checking the bolt. If it causes problems and you can prove you changed the oil on time, then you will get a new turbo. Out of warranty, check it occasionally. The first check is the most important so you can make sure it is clean. If it's clean and you are consistent with maintenance, then you will be good. I'll just check it every 20k miles or so since I know it's still clean.

Archived