LegacyGT.com

so i'm sitting at the light...

and i go to take off and as usual i look at cars going buy in the opposite direction. well i see this car coming up in line, and i go "hmmm that looks like a....that is a.."

http://forums.autoweek.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/31-10420-203660-540/Continental%20GT%20coupe.jpeg

i did one of these :eek:

Kenda

Guest *Jedimaster*
http://forums.autoweek.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/31-10420-203660-540/Continental%20GT%20coupe.jpeg

i did one of these :eek:

Kenda

Musta hurt like hell. :lol:

Musta hurt like hell. :lol:

naaa..seeing as how i make that face at least once a day for some reason or another.

wasn't anti-climatic for me, as stuff like like and the sl65 i saw around here the other month are rare sightings. i figure it was a football or bball player..but i could be wrong!

Kenda

Here in NJ I see plenty of REALY pricy cars. NY just across the bridge. Stoped at parts store next to Bently GT Continental. I think owners car (Raycos- were Funk Master Flex shops for wheels). E55 AMG like Civics. Ferrary 2-3 times a week. Just saw

asetati Qatroporte. Now CLS and CL all the time. S4's M3's m5's s600- it's craaaaaazzzzzy. Friend works at MB store- showroom fool of AMG's. Forget cars, I ride a bike alot- I see colnagos, Operas, Litespeeds, Sevens, Cerrotas like no tomorrow!!! They do have some $$$$$$$ around here.

I seen a few in San Diego. I think I will see them a lot more then a regular Bentleys. The reason why I think is because it is only $159,000.

Yup...I've got two of em...one for even days and one for odd...LOL

I haven't even seen a Bentley on the road here in Rochester, NY. Once in a great while I see a Ferrari but that is a pretty rare occasion. Pretty lame for the 3rd largest city in NY.

One of the Redskins has one.....rolling on 24's :eek: . I tried to race him.....sorta. Don't think he knew it. :lol:

:lol: of course he didn't know...he was rolling on 24's!!!

i forgot about the Maserati i was behind for 5miles about a month ago. i say these are rare, b/c in the grand scheme of things...Charlotte just isnt that big and doesn't have much going for it b/c Wachovia and BOA.

Kenda

We see so many Bentley's, Ferrari's and Maserati's around here that BMW's and Porsche's seem like Honda's. :lol: Guess we take it for granted......I stopped gawking years ago, but that's not to say other drivers don't stop right in front of me to stare :mad:

(Ferrari/Maserati of Washington just built a new showroom - next to Carmax and the automall - you can see AOL HQ from the showroom and MCI HQ and Redskin Park are 2 minutes down the road).

I love how all these kinda posts end up...

-"Hey, saw a (insert exotic/rare/expensive car here) at the mall the other day! My jaw just dropped! What a jewel!"

next guy...

-"Well. I have to push those (insert same exotic/expensive car here) out of my way while getting to my job at Sears. Matter of fact, I found one in my crackerjack box last week. They've become so common that the city has to fumigate the area just to diminish their numbers. Besides, it's got a face only a mother could love."

Sheesh! It's like one-up's-manship...:rolleyes:

Nice find. Nice car. Rare find. Rare car. Glad to see it brought a smile to your automotive heart. Thanks for letting some of us live vicariously through your experience!

-Steve

Guest *Jedimaster*

-"Hey, saw a (insert exotic/rare/expensive car here) at the mall the other day! My jaw just dropped! What a jewel!"

next guy...

-"Well. I have to push those (insert same exotic/expensive car here) out of my way while getting to my job at Sears. Matter of fact, I found one in my crackerjack box last week. They've become so common that the city has to fumigate the area just to diminish their numbers. Besides, it's got a face only a mother could love."

Nice find. Nice car. Rare find. Rare car. Glad to see it brought a smile to your automotive heart. Thanks for letting some of us live vicariously through your experience!

-Steve

:lol:

It's like when someone posts about meeting a movie star and all the jealous people tell their story about how they saw Dennis Miller standing in the mall parking lot. :lol:

next guy...

Nice find. Nice car. Rare find. Rare car.

Well, it just depends on where you live.

Those aren't "rare find" and "rare car" around here.

I see several every week.

Actually, I've seen more of them on the street than I have LGT's.

Just driving down Sunset two nights ago, saw the new Ferrari F430 and

then a Porsche 911 Turbo rush off to try to catch up to him.

Followed later by a Vanguish, and then the new Rolls Phantom.

Yesterday, saw two Lambo's (a yellow Diablo VT) and the yellow

Garaldo (sp) that shows up at my gym from time to time.

It's not "one upmanship" it's just relative to where you live.

a couple weeks ago i saw the new carrera gt (omg that is sexy in person) & last thursday saw a skyline gt-r34 (i will post some dig pics if anyone wants them). it is the only r34 i have ever seen. i am not a big fan of them but in person it looks a lot better & you have to respect all that power

i gotta agree on both aspects..even around here 5series are like Hondas, but hell any middle management person can afford those, but i still go :eek: everytime i see a new 5 or 7 since i love those headlights.

however i agree it depends on where u are at. if ya live in NYC, LA, DC, etc it's like your everyday sighting. but down here in the south (sans Atl, and we all know FLA isn't part of the south ;) ) seeing these beauties is like seeing car magazines come to life.

Kenda

Well, it just depends on where you live.

Those aren't "rare find" and "rare car" around here.

I see several every week.

Actually, I've seen more of them on the street than I have LGT's.

Just driving down Sunset two nights ago, saw the new Ferrari F430 and

then a Porsche 911 Turbo rush off to try to catch up to him.

Followed later by a Vanguish, and then the new Rolls Phantom.

Yesterday, saw two Lambo's (a yellow Diablo VT) and the yellow

Garaldo (sp) that shows up at my gym from time to time.

It's not "one upmanship" it's just relative to where you live.

Ahhhhhhh, c'mon. There's a bit of 'raining on one's parade' going on here. In other words, as Jeff Foxworthy might say - "You know you're a redneck if...you get excited at the site of a Bently GT".

I understand this theory of relativity as far as what 'rare' is. But you come off a bit like Bill Clinton..."That depends upon your definition of 'rare';) . And how can the sight of a Diablo, or F430, or a 911 Turbo ever cause you to turn your head and yawn? Even if you see two a day. Sorry if I offend, but I cannot be the only one who detects the tone, just had to call a lil' BS here...

Well, okay, I'll play. I live in upstate NY, in Sullivan County, which is pretty poor, and around here there isn't much. But today I saw an 05 Legacy! Not a GT, but still! And it was a sedan! Golly! And I thought I was the only one in the county! Course, mine's a GT, but still! Golly!

Last week, I was in drastically more upscale Ulster County (not to mention hip), and I saw a Maserati Quatroporte. I parked and walked around it a couple of times. I found it really sad how much it looked like a Buick, but then, that's just me.

I'm glad my car doesn't look like a Buick, and for roughly Buick money I got what I got.

Since you posted right after me, I'll assume you are referring to me. My Sears days are long ago :lol:

Hey! That reminds me. I saw this Kenmore 32500 SuperWasher...WOW! What a unit! 3500rpm spin cycle - Extra Load capacity - killer specs! Question is...should I buy or lease?:)

I saw a Lotus in the Northwest suburbs of Philly (Montgomery County, PA) while home on Easter break.

<----I pushed this piece to the limit just so I could get a good look at it!

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

I just saw an Elise last week on the way to work, got to sit in traffic with it pretty close by. Surprised to see it had New Hampshire plates, that's a long drive in a small car.

There is a higher concentration of "rare" cars around here (saw a Carrera GT the other day too), but they're still cool as hell to look at mixed in with all of the BMWs, MBs, Lexus, and Hummers.

**(Not trying to "one-up" anyone here, just sharing);)

Archived