LegacyGT.com

I'm an idiot and broke my car

While backing out of my garage yesterday morning, my passenger side mirror clipped the side of the garage and broke the housing. I called up Dan at Fred Beans and he talked me through my options. There are multiple pieces of the housing and I broke four of them, meaning that my best bet would be to get an entire new assembly. Unfortunately they are completely sold out across the country and all I can do is wait for Subaru to make more.

Anyone have any other suggestions? Ebay/salvage yards? The car is an 08 Legacy spec.B.

^ not exactly a thread jack, just an alternative. I would be concerned that they changed the mirros with the other changes in the '07 revisions. Blinkers were moved and such.... not sure if the door itself was changed... may be worth a shot if you can get one local and just try it...

with a spec B your lucky you didn't have to replace the garage..:lol: try calling around to a couple local junkyards, you might get lucky. i was able to replace one foglight through a local place. it came with all the right scratches and nicks so it looks authentic.;)

LOL on replacing the garage. I've looked on a couple national used part sites and they are our of stock. I'll check the ones suggested above. The problem with being in Nebraska is that Subarus aren't very common and are not often found in the local yards. I'll call around, though. Thanks for the suggestion on the 05-07, but I'd like to stick with the 08 style. I prefer it and would rather not have to worry about the harness/heated mirror not working.

• 2 months later...

Archived