LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy 2.5 gt auto CAN bus?

Just wondering if a 2005 legacy gt automatic uses CAN bus? I was told by someone they think it does, but I have NOT been able to verify this information. I have been searching lots of forums and google and cannot find any answer other than all 2007 and newer subarus use CAN bus. Thanks

So are you sure it is NOT CAN bus? The reason being, is that I want to purchase this 05 LGT but it is an auto, and I plan on switching to a 07 sti 6 speed. If the LGT is CAN bus I will not be able to do this trans swap. Please NO comments about the swap, I have been working on wrx's and sti's since 05, I know for sure what I'm getting into. I did a 6 speed swap in my wrx. I just don't have any experience with LGTs. I only want to be 100% sure the car is not CAN bus. Thanks

I'm just going to be swapping the trans because I don't want an auto one. Yea, I think the diagnostics aren't CAN bus, but I think some of the other parts of the car communicate via CAN. I would just buy a 5mt one, but I want a white one only, and I can't find a 05-06 white LGT 5mt anywhere.... So, I guess my real question should be: Can I swap a manual trans, specifically a 6 speed, into an auto LGT??? I know mechanically it can be done, but the issues seem to be with electronics. So if anyone knows if this can be done, I would greatly appreciate it.

Archived