LegacyGT.com

DIY: AUX-IN after mount + Center console removal -Legacy 2008

Istvan_Sz

For anyone else looking to do this mod, consider getting a ground loop isolator (like this guy on [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EAQTRI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER]Amazon[/ame]) so you can charge the phone simultaneously without hearing any buzzing/distortion in the background.

I'd like to tuck everything underneath the console and snake up through the cubby, like OP -- is a 4ft aux cable long enough?

• 6 months later...

Hi, it's been a while since anyone has written on this post, but I am planning on installing the aux kit this week (received the parts today), anyways I just wanted to ask, in the installation guide, which is also posted above on another post, under part one (how to wire cables), it has the first connection that plugs into fig.-1 and the connection that plugs into the aux box, but where does the third plug into?

In the photos, from what I gather, it is use to wire into where the phone and gps plug into it. I just want to use the aux box jack, what do I do with the third plug?

Sorry if it's hard to understand, I'm not good with this stuff. An thanks anyone for the help.

• 2 weeks later...
... in the installation guide [see PDF in post #17], under part one (how to wire cables), it has the first connection that plugs into fig.-1 and the connection that plugs into the aux box, but where does the third plug into?

In the photos, from what I gather, it is use to wire into where the phone and gps plug into it. I just want to use the aux box jack, what do I do with the third plug?

As I tried to explain in my post #17 (above), some Legacy/Liberty/Outback models already have a factory harness with the same type of 8-pin plug connected to the factory head unit. That harness has 2 wires for audio steering wheel controls (SWCs, if present in the car) and a wire related to illumination dimming. Some models don't have that factory harness at all.

For cars that do, you insert the H6210AG000 aux kit's harness in between the HU and the factory harness (unplug the factory harness from the HU, plug that into the 8-pin socket on the aux kit's harness, and plug the aux kit's harness into the HU).

If your car does not have that factory 8-pin harness, just pad or tie down the unused 3rd leg on the H6210AG000 aux kit's harness (to prevent it from rattling).

Archived