LegacyGT.com

well, I know that personally I have never sold many base GT's. I'd say 90% of the Gt's I have sold are LTD's. Now having said that I do think there is a market for it, however I guess sales for bases are low. I do know that they are making an SE model, however i have no info on what is going to be on it. I would think it is just an 2.5i with some upgrades.

Also there are going to be 2 OB sedans. From what I have heard he only major diff is that one has nav and one doesn't. So there will be 2 model codes, one for nav and one without.

As for the Impreza, well I was told that the photochops have been pretty close to the real design, however SOA is keep it under close raps till it is released in Japan in about a month.

The new Foresters will start to drop off the boats in june, prob on our lots end of june or july.

Sorry Slashie, no nav retro kit plans as of now:(

What are ther chances that the SE will just be a base GT with with the nice hole in the roof but without the leather?

Hey Jonfur80,

Any word on exterior visual "clues" for the Spec B version? If not the JDM bumper, do you know if the US version will have any meaningful different exterior parts than the LTD model? Any early pics or good photochop images?

What month should the '06 LGT Spec B arrive on US dealer lots? Any early word on pricing for the Spec B? Probably in the $33K range?

can other people "in the know" confirm this info? and when will be available? does it make sense to trade in 05 for 06 spec b?

i was wondering the same thing. but i think the $$$ hit you'd take from trading up to the '06 (3K-5K) you could easliy spend that money on mods and make your '05 better than any stock '06.

Guest *Jedimaster*
i was wondering the same thing. but i think the $$$ hit you'd take from trading up to the '06 (3K-5K) you could easliy spend that money on mods and make your '05 better than any stock '06.

+1

++1

I was talking to the parts manager at my dealer yesterday and he was saying new parts coming this summer for our legacies! More performance parts too from both Japan and down under in land of kangaroos and good beer.

Glad I waited because of my extended warrantee. There might be hope afterall for a suspension that can handle the power the stock engine has.

It's not worth the price to trade up on a new one right away. But a used '06 in '07 or '08 might be a different story.

I was at the dealer yesterday and the Chicago regional sales rep was there with a Tribeca demo. He told me there would be a Spec B sedan released in the fall. the only differences would be the 18" wheels and navi as standard. Oh, no HID's and it would not come in the world rally blue.
335HP/360Tq VF-22/1820 clone with Meth

I was talking to the parts manager at my dealer yesterday and he was saying new parts coming this summer for our legacies! More performance parts too from both Japan and down under in land of kangaroos and good beer.

Any specifics?

Any specifics?

Not too much, for I was in a hurry at the time, and he was exited and rattling off a lot of info.

We were talking about my take on the current suspension and how I'd like a Subaru offering that is what is available in Japan.

He said Subaru has been working on it and it's coming this summer. Japan parts and also a new arrangement with a company offering sport parts in Australia. I don't know if this is a SOA or a SNE deal. Subaru NE handles all the North East dealers, but that would mean worst case is the parts would be available through the mail.

We both agreed that these things can be delayed from a product end (a past job of mine), but we both knew that the car deserves better choices here in the States.

When I go back in the next month for some warrantee work, I'll ask more. But this is enough for me to think about add ons this fall or next spring.

What month should the '06 LGT Spec B arrive on US dealer lots? Any early word on pricing for the Spec B? Probably in the $33K range?

It had better be less than 33k. For no power increase, just a suspension package, it had better not be any more than a few hundred dollars for a couple of new parts. It isn't like ya'd have to pay for the GT wheels and struts, too, after all.

What will make or break a Spec B for me this fall, besides finances, will be the color. If it is WR Blue, or a brighter than GRP red, then I just might be in. If it is standard GT colors, I'll just buy a GT.

Otherwise I might wait a little longer, perhaps get a used 05 GT, or a standard 06 GT, and mod it with MY choice of 18" wheels and coil-overs. That way, I have the choice, and it probably won't be too much of a price difference from the Spec B package.

-Especially if the 06's are sold like the 05 I looked at today was. 27k and change, down from a sticker of $30,100. They were trying to move em'. I could use the 3k for new wheels, tires, and suspension.

The Meaning of "Spec B" by the way, is "Specification B" as in the second letter of the english alphabet, and the second differentiation of this model of Legacy GT. WRX STi in Japan was actually upped to "spec c" for this last year, If, I've heard correctly.

This thread is funny...all the rumors about features, etc.

Also, Jonfur80 (original poster) has only had 4 posts here on the forums, and is providing no real details about his source. I just don't believe it. And if he ends up being right, then all the better.

Gotta love rumors! :rolleyes:

-S

2006 - Legacy GT BS Spec:

2005 Legacy plus 18's with 7 spoke wheels (same crappy tires? 0h ya mon!!), Blisten shocks and nav - all for $4000+ more than a LGT.

Now that's what I call "BS Spec" :D

SOA has never been known as the smartest kid on the block.

Well, m base GT has Tein CS coilovers from Japan, 18 inch rims, no need no nav here (don't work but still retrofitable) so I guess I have a spec B :lol:

Not to mention all the mods.

Wonder how much that Spec B badge will go for? :lol:

I'm really having a hard time believing that SOA would be so stupid to do the Spec BS this way.

You would think they would do an STI - what worked for the before on the Impreza/WRX line, should work again for the Legacy line.

Doing the Spec BS, is SOA thinking that the buying public is as stupid as they are.

We will see who be da stupiddeder one.

Then again, I think about the LGT radio and I think...well, I was.:lol:

I can definitely see the point there.

If SOA doesn't offer any unique upgrades with the Spec B (Wheels, tires, and suspension are all common aftermarket items.) and charges more for the package than someone could do aftermarket parts for, they'll be shooting themselves in the foot, as it were.

I would hate to see SOA selling a "sport package" as a differentiated model, in this case "Spec B", and have it fall on it's face, due to SOA's own bad marketing, then use that as a reason to say: "There isn't a market for a high-performance Legacy, because we offered the Spec B, and no one took it..."

When really if that were to happen, and it very well could, it would be SOA's own short-sightedness that puts the kybosh on future USDM higher-perf Legacy models, and possibly even performance parts from the STi catalog.

If SOA screws this up, the performance minded consumers might lose out in the end, because SOA will continue to sell other models, like Outbacks, normal Legacies, and Impreza-platform cars, and just do business as usual.

However, if SOA DOESN'T screw it up, I will be trying everything I can think of to support them, by trying to buy a Spec B, as long as it has some value to me, over and above just wheels, tires, struts, and springs.

Archived