LegacyGT.com

Help! Pulled over for tint. Need knowledgeable person of MD Vehicle/Traffice Law!

maddoc

Statue or StatuTe? :lol:

Yeah, that guy. There are still some discussions to be had. Not happy with the outcome (yes I know I am in the wrong, but hiii...go drive around MD 1 out of every 5 cars on the road have illegal tint...)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, that guy. There are still some discussions to be had. Not happy with the outcome (yes I know I am in the wrong, but hiii...go drive around MD 1 out of every 5 cars on the road have illegal tint...)

Yeah, I hear yah man.

I hope everything works out for you.

This area is about the same, we just have a dense population and so we just hear more about these kind of cases.

Same thing for the "everyone else" has illegal tint. No, no they don't. Most vehicles that have the darker tint, like SUVs, Crossovers, etc. have and MPV designation through the DOT/MVA which allows them to legally have darker tint. Look at just passenger vehicles and you'll find the percent of folks that have illegal tint is tiny, especially on a per capita basis.

Sorry to hear the outcome, but the bottomline is stop wasting time on the past. Just avoid making the same mistake and keep the windows to a legal level. Why the hell do people need limo tint anyway...you trying to 'hide' something. Legal tint levels are good enough to make the car look good.

Why the hell do people need limo tint anyway...you trying to 'hide' something. Legal tint levels are good enough to make the car look good.

That’s just the problem with people like you....It's none of your business what's going on behind my tint. I have dark tint just for that reason, I like my privacy. If I feel like picking my nose at a stop light, I pick my nose. If I need to change close in my ride before a volleyball game, I can. Stop worrying about everyone else’s business and worry about your own. You'll find life is much better when you focus less on other people’s business.

9 times out of ten if you either turn your inside lights on before hand or open a sunroof or roll down your windows... And be cutious to the officer, they dont give a dayum.

Did yall here another bill is up to allow only 1 rear facing plate in MD? as of last month.

9 times out of ten if you either turn your inside lights on before hand or open a sunroof or roll down your windows... And be cutious to the officer, they dont give a dayum.

^^ that is correct....I turn on the dome light and role down the windows. Haven’t had a problem sense I started practicing that.

When I bought the LGT, I told the dealer not to put on the front plate. I said I would deal with that later....When I picked it up, guess what they did...But what can you do ? ...but take one on the chin

ida bitched to all holy hell froze over. till i got a unmolested bumper cover if you bought it new. If i have to mines going in the lower grill with zipties and foam rubber to protect the paint.

Speakign of which, I got my breast cancer plates in teh mail today. Would have LOVED to be able to get them and say TATAS or B00BS. But they dont let you.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:TATAS or BOOBS!!!!! Lovely..... I did buy it new..... I was pissed..but I wanted it so bad ..I just grabbed it and ran. If you look at my avatar you'll notice I never moved it..

That’s just the problem with people like you....It's none of your business what's going on behind my tint. I have dark tint just for that reason, I like my privacy. If I feel like picking my nose at a stop light, I pick my nose. If I need to change close in my ride before a volleyball game, I can. Stop worrying about everyone else’s business and worry about your own. You'll find life is much better when you focus less on other people’s business.

I don't give a FUNCK what you do in your car. There is nothing one can do in their car that needs tint. Pick your nose...pick it. Need to change clothes...find a effing bathroom. It's not about that...it's about obeying the law! YOU need to stop being so paranoid that everyone is watching you. Nobody give a shat about you and what you do (unless you are breaking the law).

If you are going to argue anything about tint...make it about cutting down on UV, or carrying equipment (wagons for instance) and not being able to hide it in a trunk. Of course there's the retractable cover to solve that issue too, but still.

If thats true, then why are you asking "if someone has somthing to hide " ?

Let's use the correct quote, if you are going to quote me:

"Why the hell do people need limo tint anyway...you trying to 'hide' something".

It was rhetorical to some degree as we all know MANY, if not MOST folks with super dark tint are trying to hide illegal activity. I don't thing we see many on this board, which is the true side of asking the question. By being rhetorical I thought I was also stating that it's not needed and trying to justify having illegal tint is dumb, with one or two exceptions. I also was open to others to respond to reason I didn't think of. You gave some examples, to which I replied, pointing out you don't need illegal levels of tint for your examples.

and yes...I am a busy body....if that means trying to get folks to realize they need to respect and obey the law as best they can. Taking liberties is not right. If a busy body is someone who looks out for the community, tries to make folks more aware, and possible help them, the yes I am.

Let's use the correct quote, if you are going to quote me:

"Why the hell do people need limo tint anyway...you trying to 'hide' something".

It was rhetorical to some degree as we all know MANY, if not MOST folks with super dark tint are trying to hide illegal activity. I don't thing we see many on this board, which is the true side of asking the question. By being rhetorical I thought I was also stating that it's not needed and trying to justify having illegal tint is dumb, with one or two exceptions. I also was open to others to respond to reason I didn't think of. You gave some examples, to which I replied, pointing out you don't need illegal levels of tint for your examples.

"It was rhetorical to some degree as we all know MANY, if not MOST folks with super dark tint are trying to hide illegal activity" really or you just think so ? And for the rest, you missed the point. I know my tint is illegal, shoot it's about as dark as you can go and still be safe to drive. And you are correct justifing my tint is dumb..

So then...if you knew it was illegal, do you just feel you are above the law then? I mean seriously. The way you are putting it, you sound like some young douche or at the very least, self-entitled. I could be wrong, but clue me into your thinking.

I've got to get back to work, wasted enough time on this argument/discussion. I'll check back late.

Here is my thinking. Its my god dayum car, let me do what I want to it.. Tint doesnt hurt the enviroment. And its barely a officer safety issue. Arguing it beyond that is stupid.

Now lets help them bass House Bill 513 and get rid of the front tags in MD.

Donald Elliot is my hero.

Here is my thinking. Its my god dayum car, let me do what I want to it.. Tint doesnt hurt the enviroment. And its barely a officer safety issue. Arguing it beyond that is stupid.

Now lets help them bass House Bill 513 and get rid of the front tags in MD.

Donald Elliot is my hero.

^^True dat

Same thing for the "everyone else" has illegal tint. No, no they don't. Most vehicles that have the darker tint, like SUVs, Crossovers, etc. have and MPV designation through the DOT/MVA which allows them to legally have darker tint. Look at just passenger vehicles and you'll find the percent of folks that have illegal tint is tiny, especially on a per capita basis.

Dude what? I KNOW the difference between a crossover, SUV, etc that have MPV designation, and I KNOW the passenger rear glass comes from the factory with 20% tinted windows.

I am guesstimating (and I'll make it more accurate here) that 1 out of every 50 cars I see on the road have tint. To top that off 1 out of ever 5 of those have tint below the 35% LTV threshold that MD State Law requires. And on top of that 1 out of ever 2 cars I see, I guarantee do not have MSP ASED certification sticker for their 35% tint.

So the bottom line is, basically 1 out of every 2 cars with tint in MD have ILLEGAL tint.

Sorry to hear the outcome, but the bottomline is stop wasting time on the past. Just avoid making the same mistake and keep the windows to a legal level. Why the hell do people need limo tint anyway...you trying to 'hide' something. Legal tint levels are good enough to make the car look good.

Do NOT make assumptions on what you believe. I had 20% tint on the car, that is NOT limo tint. You can see into the car just fine on a nice day. Limo is 5% and you can't see a damn thing inside.

Why tint? I am not trying to hide anything. I'm a loyal, hardworking American, who has a good job, a good upbringing, and has never been in trouble with the law EVER. I like privacy, like 700watt said. I don't need people seeing in my car to see what I'm doing, I don't need people looking into the car to see what they could possibly steal. I don't need the attention in that regard. I also like the fact that my car's interior isn't melting away in the nasty summer weather of MD. I also like that I'm not blinded by stupid glare and my eyes aren't being killed when I'm not wearing sunglasses, or that I'm not blinded by everyones HIDs in my rearview mirrors.

Tint does not automatically mean "illegal". Is everyone in FL who puts tint on their car doing illegal things? No. It's just hot as hell in FL and tint helps avoid you getting into a 150 degree car...And I guarantee you MOST of the people who have tint in MD are not doing illegal things in their car. That thought in itself is naive. :rolleyes:

Aye....all praise ye

Tint doesnt hurt the enviroment. And its barely a officer safety issue. Arguing it beyond that is stupid.

Seriously... the guy running around with the 9mm is going to shoot the officer whether he's behind tinted glass or not. And the officers spotlight through the rear window of the car should fix any safety issues with dark tint...

So then...if you knew it was illegal, do you just feel you are above the law then? I mean seriously. The way you are putting it, you sound like some young douche or at the very least, self-entitled. I could be wrong, but clue me into your thinking.

I've got to get back to work, wasted enough time on this argument/discussion. I'll check back late.

Dead wrong again....see what happens when you have preconceived notions and make assumptions based on crap...

BTW...maybe consider the name or title "Bizzies Boddi" ....

Well, it is not hard to follow the law, disregard the law, then pay the price! I'm not perfect either, but you don't hear me (or the hundreds of others with the except of few on here) belly aching. Asking for help and advice is one thing, but being whinny about it just shows one can't man-up about their mistakes. End of Story.

Anyways, wasted enough time with this, my own fault. No hard feeling hopefully. Just posting here on what I saw.

Archived