LegacyGT.com

Exhaust?

Has any1 bought exhaust for their new Legacy yet?.. Ive been lookin and trying to find a good exhaust system and havent found anything yet.. I know borla just recently came out with 1 for it, but i have no idea how it sounds.. So if any1 has put an exhaust on their Leg, let me know what co. and how it sounds.. Id really appreciate it.

You need to search. Borla is available now and a number of guys here have that system. One guy has the a prototype from Stromung which should soon be in production. Prodrive also shoule be available in a couple months as well as Bosal. You can always go custom too, which a number of members here have done as well.

Yeah, please search in the turbo powertrains. Many people have exhausts (many are turboback or just mufflers). Speaking of which, I'm moving this thread to the turbo powertrains section.
-ben

Like i feel with Borla, im not goin to get the subaru sound ya know? So im not sure what i should get, i know im gonna wait like a month before i buy it, but im really lookin for something thats in the price range of like 6-800 dollars that sounds nice... Do you think its cheaper to go custom, full out catback or just like mufflers?.. Let me know and if you got any suggestions tell me..

Like i feel with Borla, im not goin to get the subaru sound ya know? So im not sure what i should get, i know im gonna wait like a month before i buy it, but im really lookin for something thats in the price range of like 6-800 dollars that sounds nice... Do you think its cheaper to go custom, full out catback or just like mufflers?.. Let me know and if you got any suggestions tell me..

Custom will be cheaper. Borla is really the only catback in the $600-800 range. All others are over $1000, except for the Stromung....it's $998! :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

05sub, I just had a custom exhaust installed on my car yesterday. I have 2.5" from the 3rd cat to the y-pipe, and 2.25" into 2 Magnaflow mufflers (#14851 race series). And damn! What a difference! Sounds like a totally different car! Love the "Boxer" sound, and the "wtf" look people have on their face when I pull away from a stoplight. I'll post some pics soon. Any questions, let me know.
:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

Yea thanks anyways, i was thinkin about doin magnaflow but i just bought a pair of borla mufflers, im gettin exhaust done on weds. They doin 3" piping from my downpipe and then when it comes to the Y they gonna make it 2 1/4. Im pretty pyched about it, ill def take some pics and let you guys know how it came out.. You know what i found out the other day.. Since i have a DP and no cat.. I went to 5 places to see about doin pipin and every1 said they couldnt touch it cause its a $5k fine.. so who ends up doin it.. George Foreman himself.. Mienke is gonna do it for me..

Hmm I think the magnaflow race series has a 3" inlet. most likely the borla's are the 2.25". mine are the magnaflow street series which almost all have 2.5" inlet. what's interesting is that the piping from the cat to and through the resonator is 2.5". it then changes to some silly 1" piping before the Y and to the mufflers.

I definitely want to hear the exhaust on deepfreeze's car. i went to a chain store and they said that the race series "might" be too loud depending on the customer's preference. then apparently the manager has A.D.D and took 3 weeks to call to see if anyone had my mufflers in stock. duuuuh.

5K cat fine? wow. the place i went to is only 2.5k.

the boxer sound is so much fun just letting the tach wind down. the exhaust gurgle is a plus =)

I can assure anyone interested that my Magnaflows are indeed 2.25" at the inlet and are also the race series. In fact, I ordered them from Performance Peddler in MI on Tues. received them on Thurs. and had them on my car Fri. They are on the "loud" side, but I like it and its definately a not ricey sound. Btw, I'm working on pics/clips. New to this kind of thing. Bear with me.
:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

I can assure anyone interested that my Magnaflows are indeed 2.25" at the inlet and are also the race series. In fact, I ordered them from Performance Peddler in MI on Tues. received them on Thurs. and had them on my car Fri. They are on the "loud" side, but I like it and its definately a not ricey sound. Btw, I'm working on pics/clips. New to this kind of thing. Bear with me.

Can't wait to hear/see:D

Archived