LegacyGT.com

Back in the game...

Hey guys! I sold my BMW 335i and picked up a 06' Legacy GT Limited in Atlantic Blue. I'll be lurking around the forums a bit now. ^_^

For those of you on NASIOC, I've been over there for a few years. This is my 5th Subaru I have owned. 1 WRX, 3 STI's & now this Leggy GT.

Its all stock for now, but I am looking around for a few things right away to include an AP, springs, maybe a different grill and some type of exhaust.

This car is WAY too quiet! I can't even tell its running! lol. So far it's pretty fun though. No where near the power of my old 335i, but in time... it will be there. ^_^ Just wanted to drop in and say hey!

Welcome! Congrats! and.... make sure you check your banjo bolt filter on the turbo side, especially if it is a used LGT :eek::spin::spin::spin:

But again, this is your 5th subie with a turbo, and you've been checking out the forum for a while. So you may already know that.

Thanks! I actually didn't know about that filter. Had never had any issues or heard anything with any of my wrx's. I may just use this as an excuse to upgrade. ^_^

I'd like to wait a while though. I don't want to poor a ton of money into the car immediately, lol. Baby steps!

Well well. If you did not know about that filter, then I would strongly suggest you check it out asap. That little sucker can get clogged if the previous owner(s) did not change the oil religiously. If that sucker gets clogged, bye bye little turbo. This thread describes how to get to the bolt and check the filter. Go to post 476. The guy put some pics of the procedure. It is not a hard job and should not take you more than 45mn. The bolt only costs 10 or 14 bucks. Cheap insurance. And again, if the filter is perfectly clean then you don't need to change it. Anyway, I don't want to scare you or anything. I just want you to enjoy that beauty and da turbooooo!

Here, I identified the location of that banjo bolt. See post 30.

Archived