LegacyGT.com

dp with stock exhaust

05legGT

So I have been listening to sound clips of different up pipe down pipe exhaust setups. I was originally going to just do autospeed catted DP and sti UP since mine is catted and leave my stock exhaust but after listening to some setups with a dp and stock exhaust i dont know. They sounded like ASS. Does a catted DP really make our stock exhaust sound that bad?

Agreed - I'm running a Cobb Catted DP with OEM exhaust, and it sounds identical to pre-DP swap. Don't blame the DP for stock exhausts sounding bad (but you can blame it for still being too quiet). ;-)

Agreed as well. Totally catless dp on stock exhaust here and it's barely noticeable. You hear a bit more wastegate and on cold starts it idles slightly louder. Once warmed up and cruising there is almost no difference. Even at WOT there isn't much added noise. A catted piece will be even quieter.

I'm sure you saw this in the exhaust thread, but here's mine... it's almost too quiet if you are looking for more noise..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1d-sXLm2D0]YouTube - Subaru Legacy GT startup[/ame]

Archived