LegacyGT.com

Compression #'s

Here's a piece on compression off my08 vacation pics. I presume my05 is very similar. Pay attention to difference between cylinders, cause the way your cousin did compression test could've easily affected absolute readings, but assuming he did those the same way - relative results are more likely to be legit.

2008FSM 1068.pdf

I would say as long as your less then the 7psi difference your ok. I would not worry as long as the car runs well. After all it is 5 or more years old.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

the results were 135psi each cylinder. which is good news to me since it was rumored i had a bad piston. At least i know the pressure is equal amongst everything. MY next step is to get it checked again at a subaru dealer. Max Capacity i see you are from Somers i know quite a few people from there and i went to school in springfield. That civic looks crazy...is it yours?

Yes, I bought it new in 1992, my son learned how to drive with it and we built it into the monster it became. He's selling what he can off it now so he can get on with life and get back into racing in a few years. Thanks for asking.

Yes I have lived here most of my life. I bought my parents house and now selling it to my son. My mom and dad built it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived